Recommend 49"/50" with viewing angle?

Ice_Black

Standard Member
I have been reading a few articles here and my understanding is I would need OLED for my living room? I would like a great viewing angle from all angles.

I have attached the floor plan where I am planning to place a TV on the wall.

Untitled-Diagram-6.jpg

Requirement:
Budget: £1300
120Hz 4K / HDR
Smart TV
For Gaming, Sport, Movies, and general use.
Watching SDs channel from Sky
HD and 4K from Netflix
Slim TV would be nice to have.
Size: 49" or 50". I don't think I can have any bigger - it is only 2.8m width

Ice_Black

Standard Member
Yes, even with the best LCD TV for viewing angles it will look a lot worse from your farthest sofa's than an OLED.
Look at a 48" OLEDs, but try to fit a 55" if you can since they tend to be cheaper, and larger.

Thanks.

Would LG OLED48CX or LG OLED55CX be a good choice?

Which would you also recommend from the Sony brand as well?

Dodgexander

Have you seen:

Definitely recommend LGs for all round usage, they have the edge for gaming over the others. Although to be honest you can't go wrong with any OLED and differences between one model and the next isn't with picture quality, because they are all using the same panels made by LG :)

Ice_Black

Standard Member
Have you seen:

Definitely recommend LGs for all round usage, they have the edge for gaming over the others. Although to be honest you can't go wrong with any OLED and differences between one model and the next isn't with picture quality, because they are all using the same panels made by LG :)

Oh not seen that, I have seen you other thread created about best value.

I currently have Sony 49XH8505 in my bedroom and my experience Sony Smart TV is very nice and most important thing it is very fast (not slow)

How does that compare with LG in terms of speed and usability?

I might go with LG for a living room :)

I think 55" might be too big don't you think? It is only 2.8 wide and if you watch TV from Sofa it will be like 2.5 meters

Dodgexander

LGs webOS is more robust that Android TV. I personally like it better, but not everyone is the same. It will be fast the same as your Sony.

If you want another Android TV Sony and Philips do Android models. You may want to look at 55" instead of 48" though.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom