Recommend 40-43" TV

SimonPieman2009

Hello everyone,

I am looking to purchase a new TV for the bedroom, 40-43" and may be viewed at a slight angle.

I will be watching Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and Sky HD (upgrading to Sky Q at some point). Not worried about using it for gaming.

I have a budget of up to £600.

Has anyone got any recommendations ?

Many thanks.

DT79

Distinguished Member
I was looking or a 40 inch and was concerned about viewing angles too. There seem to be very few 40” models around these days and all are ‘VA” panels which are poor for viewing angle. I’ve had to accept that I need to up my screen size to 43” where there is plenty more choice and a number of ’IPS’ panels which are better for viewing angle.

I think i may end up settling on this LG. LG 43UN81006LB

A helpful soul shared the link to this site on a thread of mine DisplaySpecifications - Specifications and features of desktop monitors and TVs which tells you everything you need to know about the specs, far more than you get from the manufacturers themselves. The only thing I’d say is ignore the viewing angle stated as they all seem to say 178 deg, which is meaningless. VA bad for viewing angle, IPS good.

SimonPieman2009

Thanks for your reply. I have been looking at this set as well vs the Samsung Q43T.

Looking at them side by side in Currys, the LG looked brighter to me.

I know there have been complaints about some of the apps not being available such as ITV hub. But apart from that, are there any other known issues?

DT79

Distinguished Member
Thanks for your reply. I have been looking at this set as well vs the Samsung Q43T.

Looking at them side by side in Currys, the LG looked brighter to me.

I know there have been complaints about some of the apps not being available such as ITV hub. But apart from that, are there any other known issues?
I don’t know, I’ve just started my research on it. My only reservation with an LG is that whilst my C9 is amazing in every way, I have a 32” LG in the bedroom (forget which model: 2-3 years old) and the guide and smart interface are incredibly slow, almost to the point of not being fit for purpose. So it feels like a bit of a lottery as to what I’ll get, and that’s why the one I was looking at was a higher model. Hoping that means it will get a bit more processing power.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom