1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recomendations?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by M0T, Jun 20, 2003.

1. M0T

M0T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I was supposed to get a new amplifier at christmas, but in the end the company I bought it from couldn't source it so I cancelled, now its been a bit of time and I would like to know what you guys would recomend as a good amplifier for doing these things:

1. Casual music listening (I'm not a major listener although I do ocassionally get really into it. Also my speakers are a bit old )

2. Games, I want to connect my PC, Xbox, and gamecube to it so I want PL2 support for the cube, and preferabbly 2 optical ins (PC and Xbox). Would I be correct in assuming that for this it doesnt matter too much that the rear speakers are smaller than the mains (its in a bedroom so meh).

3. Watching the odd DVD, I have managed to get the xbox to feed progressive TV's to a nicely sized monitor that gives superb quality so I have been rediscovering DVD's, Also I intend to buy a decent sized widescreen next year as well for watching DVD's etc.

Would like some component inputs/switching.

Have a budget of £250-£300, anyone got any ideas?

2. bunkerbuster2

bunkerbuster2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    S/H last gen Yammy

3. pwiles1968

pwiles1968

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: