Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Recomendations?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by M0T, Jun 20, 2003.

1. M0T

M0T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I was supposed to get a new amplifier at christmas, but in the end the company I bought it from couldn't source it so I cancelled, now its been a bit of time and I would like to know what you guys would recomend as a good amplifier for doing these things:

1. Casual music listening (I'm not a major listener although I do ocassionally get really into it. Also my speakers are a bit old )

2. Games, I want to connect my PC, Xbox, and gamecube to it so I want PL2 support for the cube, and preferabbly 2 optical ins (PC and Xbox). Would I be correct in assuming that for this it doesnt matter too much that the rear speakers are smaller than the mains (its in a bedroom so meh).

3. Watching the odd DVD, I have managed to get the xbox to feed progressive TV's to a nicely sized monitor that gives superb quality so I have been rediscovering DVD's, Also I intend to buy a decent sized widescreen next year as well for watching DVD's etc.

Would like some component inputs/switching.

Have a budget of £250-£300, anyone got any ideas?

2. bunkerbuster2

bunkerbuster2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    S/H last gen Yammy

3. pwiles1968

pwiles1968

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: