1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recomendations for a Multi Purpose PJ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jmone, Apr 15, 2004.

1. jmone

jmone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a 5.5m room where the seating would be 3.5 to 4.5m from screen (curtanined but not blacked out). Feeds will be DVD and Digital TV. Any suggestions for a projector / screen for the following would be great!
    - 100in screen - (rules out rear projection, plasma I presume)
    - Need to use during the day (rules out CRT PJ I presume)
    - Need to use as a normal TV for news etc not just movies

Not too worried about budget (within reason) at this stage, but really want to know if there is a PJ that is bright enough for day to day viewing that is still produces a good image!

Thanks
    Nathan

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I dont know such a projector exists...... the best you could hope is something with a big light output so it would have to be an lcd really. I just recommended elsewhere the sanyo plv70 which has enormous light output and will be pretty much as good as anything in ambient light

ad

3. calscot

calscot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After just reading up on projector central, I agree with buns.
    Can be had for £3100.

The NEC LT260K is slightly brighter and cheaper at about £2250 but it's DLP and so you might be prone to rainbows. It's a 4:3 1024x768 panel.