Recomendation to go with Pioneer pdp434hde

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by gadgetman, Aug 28, 2004.

1. gadgetman

gadgetman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Just put my money down on the above plasma but I`m in 2 minds on which dvd player to partner it. I have seen the Pioneer 868 and the 668 and wondered if there are any others to consider that may make use of the Hdmi. I guess Hdmi is the best connection but is it going to be worth the extra or is it minimal. Any other recomendations apreciated.

gadgetman

2. sjb

sjb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The Denon 3910 might be worth a look when it's out ( info on avland.co.uk )

I think i'll be going for the pio 435xde - will need amp and dvd aswell .

One slight niggle with the 868 is the layer change - the Denon has a buffer which is supposed to smooth this out.

The 3910 has HDMI and DVI outputs.

3. John Dawson

John Dawson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    You will find a number of people on here using the Arcam DV79 with the Pio plasma you mention. There are quite a few threads discussing this. If you get the chance try the 868 and 79 side by side, on both picture and sound.

HTH.

John Dawson (Arcam)

4. bugkiller

bugkiller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have owned a 434PDE since March and have been looking at/saving for a new DVD player since. Initially I had my eyes set on a Pio 868 but after watching and listening to the Arcam DV79 i bought it instead about two weeks ago. I haven't performed a side-by-side comparison, but I'm very impressed with the DV79.

/David (no connection whatsoever to Arcam apart from being a happy customer :))