1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

recomendation needed

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by hanxslf, Jun 20, 2004.

1. hanxslf

hanxslf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    hope somebody can help me out on this,i want to buy a sony dcr-pc109,the cheapest i have found is with "PRC direct" online priced at £517.75.
    other on line shops with very close prices are as follows
    RGB.direct
    AJ ELECTRONICS
    Can anybody recomend any of these?
    i would try jessops as they have a price match,BUT according to a free booklet catalouge, that only applies to a retail outlet within 20 miles of one of their shops.my nearest shop is in york.(north yorkshire) so these online shops would not count would they?
    any advice is very welcome. :lease:

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    Jessops only guarentee to pricematch local shops, but in my experience they have always pricematched the best UK internet price I have found (3 digicams and a camcorder). Others on here have not been so lucky though as it is down to the managers discretion I believe. Therefore if you do get refused in one shop, try another!
    I suggest you take the details to Jessops and try your luck.

Mark.

3. melliott1963

melliott1963

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I got my camcorder from www.ajelectronics.co.uk and was very impressed with the speed of the service (it came next day) so would have no hesitation in using them again.

I seem to recall other threads in the past with a similar question, and don't recall ever seeing a negative comment about AJ Elec.

PRC Direct are usually fairly cheap, but I'm not sure if they sell UK camcorders or grey imports. It might be worth checking first as I don't know how you'd get on (warranty wise) if you ever got a problem with a non UK model.

I've shopped directly with both PRC and RGB (they both got shops in Ilford) and have found them to be friendly and efficient, but really can't answer for their internet shops.

It's definitely worth trying Jessops price matching - I did it with my digital camera and they matched to within about £20, which I was prepared to pay for the convenience.

4. hanxslf

hanxslf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    thank for your comments,
    I have some time off work in the next few weeks so i think i will gather up plenty of print-outs, and try jessops first,as i'm also looking for a digital still camera as well.(fuji s5000).You never know they might be able to do a deal if i'm buying over £750 (internet prices) of kit.If not i will get them from one mentioned provided its a uk model. :thumbsup: