Recomendation - cheap stearing wheel

stevos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Now gt4 works, i was wondering if someone could recommend me a cheap(ish) steering wheel that would work on gt-hd and hopefully gt4.

A fairly acurate one would of cause be useful.

Cheers
Steve.

Logitech driving force pro is OK wheel. It has 900 degrees of steering angle and force feedback. DFP costs around 80€(54£) in finland. You can go cheaper with non ffb wheels ,but for me ffb is the main reason to buy a wheel. I personaly have logitech g25 which is not cheap in any means.

Looks interesting, does it work on the ps3? If so what does it plug into?

exactly what is force feedback and what does it add to games?

Cheers
Steve.

I just got a drinving force pro ex steering wheel, £50 from gamestation and although it works in gt hd it dosnt support force feedback, as far as I can tell. motorstorm didnt work at all, ridge racer demo dosnt support force feedback, so it dosnt seem to be much use at the moment, I might take mine back.

Do have v1.7 of the firmware installed?

Strange, i seem to remember something about the latest version of the gt-hd supporting forcefeed back.

my friend has a momo and that works, and from what I can tell from the options page it does support it if you have the top of the range steering wheel, g25 i think.

Dont understand why it lists all the different wheels but only supports force feedback on the most expensive.

I've really never been able to use a steering wheel for racing games. I mean do they need to be mounted somewhere for best use ?

If I could get a good set up then may also consider getting one.

The driving force ex does come with a nice knee rest felt quite comfortable on my lap, fixing it to something would be better, and perhaps the knee thing wouldnt work as well when force feedback is on.

the latest GTHD supports FFB, and MotorStorm should get an update soon, also it works with PS2 games that supported it aswell.

Matt

So does the Driving Force Pro now work fully with GT HD and Motorstorm?

I bought a Driving Force Pro from amazon.co.uk, throught the marketplace...

It only cost me £35!!! Including shipping! (it was sent from germany lol)

I'm not sure if its still there, but check it out! its by far the best wheel out there, that's still affordable.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom