1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

recomend some phones

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by AlexGarfield, Sep 14, 2005.

1. AlexGarfield

AlexGarfield

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i had a nw-hd5 for a while now and i want to replace the stock buds. Could you guys give me an idea of what shounds the best with it. I am not a hardcore audiofile so it dosent need to be too expensive. I am thinking up to 40ish USD
    thanks

2. sirlukas

sirlukas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +91
    Rather Head or Ear phones?
    If Head, Koss Porta Pro, Senheisser PX100 (200)
    If Ear, Koss The Plug, Koss Spark Plug, Senheisser MX500

Regards

3. Anonyrat

Anonyrat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    One thing I have found is that if you play the HD5 in the car via line out, you are forever changing the audio output to earphone :thumbsdow I also didn't like the supplied ear plugs.
    I got some earplugs from Sony (don't know the model number) but they are a step up from the std buds. The beauty of these is that they have a little volume control where the two ear leads meet. By having this volume on minimum then I don't have to keep changing the output, just leave it on line out.

4. kbp

kbp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Isn't the line out signal too powerfull for earphones? - won't it damage your earphones in the long run?

5. dissembled

dissembled

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My God, man. You have the best sounding MP3 player in your hands. It deserves only the best phones.

The best for your budget would be the ER6's. Don't believe the BS about it not sounding too loud. Those idiots don't take the time to seal them right.

You won't need to change the NWHD5 sound settings at all when you get these. The sound is superbly accurate. The bass isn't overly-emphasized but it's there, believe me. In my opinion though this bass is SLIGHTLY more emphasized than the treble but it works better in the end.

Love 'em.