Quantcast

Recomend some DECT phones

I'm looking for 3 or 4 DECT handsets for the home.

Home phones don't seem to have moved on over the last ten years. Everything out there seems bland and boring! And pretty much the same as they did a decade ago.

Is there anything slick and modern for a gadget lover?

FZR400RRSP

Banned
shopper150 said:
I'm looking for 3 or 4 DECT handsets for the home.

Home phones don't seem to have moved on over the last ten years. Everything out there seems bland and boring! And pretty much the same as they did a decade ago.
Given that most people use mobiles as their primary contact point now, and many are ditching home phones altogether, manufacturers can surely be forgiven for cutting R&D budgets on home phones.
Flogging a dead horse springs to mind.

TopMeTom

Banned
we had a panasonic set, damned things were the only gadget I could not stick with. You needed a degree in rocket science to be able to use the bloomin thing!!

mr:w

Have a look here.

Just bought my parents a pair of Siemens SL785 for Christmas, they're very pleased with them so far. :thumbsup:

Berties

Banned
Have a Panasonic, pretty good. Very clear speaker, loud speaker phone, and the other person can hear me whilst the phone is on the desk. Useful if I'm writing or looking online during the call.

square-eyes-baz

Novice Member

fizl

I've never found philips ones to be loud enough. I use speakerphone alot, and it was always a struggle. Why I have stuck with the panasonic and the epure

nheather

Distinguished Member
These are great

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-KX...ref=pd_cp_ce_1

night mode stops bedroom handset ringing at night time

answer phone message can be retrieved via any handset as can setting the machine etc
+1 from me too. I bought a set of 4 because it was only £9 more than the set of 3.

They seem to work well and one thing I particularly like over the BT ones they replaced is that you can create a phonebook on one phone and then distribute it to the other phones on the system.

The only disappointment, though it is probably the same on most phones is the low resolution of the screen when you are used to mobile phones. The text appears quite big and although you can have something like 16 characters in a phonebook entry I think this is displayed as 2 rows of 8 - so names can wrap over two lines which is functional but not very neat.

That's minor though, and I suspect that they are all the same given you are getting 4 colour LCDs for under £100.

Cheers,

Nigel

Chox1988

Distinguished Member
does everyone have those panasonics?! We do to :D, theyre worth getting, look a bit cheap and plasticky but theyre still miles above other home phones ive seen

Dony

Distinguished Member
D

Deleted member 92943

Im trying to find a nice pair of modern DECT phone but like the OP cant find anything new and exciting.

Chris Muriel

I have a pair of Panasonic KGTX160's (with answerphone built in) on 1 phone line (good offer 2 years ago from Argos) which work fine.
I also have 3 x Siemens Gigaset AS300A's on the other phone line - bought a few months ago for about £40; these look more modern and work fine.
I was worried about possible ineterference between the Siemens and Panny units but in fact tere were no such issues.

mbren26

Novice Member

SBanga

I'd recommmend the higher end Siemens phones too. I've always found the Panasonic ones with Ni-MH batteries tend to have less and less talk time over time whereas the Siemens use Li-Ion tech and have been more reliable for me.