1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recomend me a centre and some rear speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by POAH, Jul 10, 2004.

1. POAH

POAH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my current set up is Eltax AVR280 AV, gale 3030 fronts, Gale 20 Centre (brand new for £10), Eltax Thunder 8 sub (given for free). Rears are currently the fronts off my old Awia pro-logic system. sound ok but are rather bulky.

I am after rears and a better center speaker but not sure what to go for. is it better keeping the same make so maybe a Gale 3050c and Gale 3060 Bi-polars or try and find the best deal possible.

one other question should I wire the fronts through my sub or just connect them straight from the AV?

Cheers

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    It's fairly important that the centre should tonally match the main stereo pair as closely as possible and I assume that another Gale centre would be the best match. I would try and have a listen though just to make sure as they could use completely different drivers in each different range. Matching of rears isn't quite so important

It is best to wire the front speakers directly to the AV amp

3. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    I would recomend the Eltax HT2 bipolars as rear speakers. I have heard they are on special offer with richer sounds at the moment so grab a bargain :D
    I would second Ian j's comments about getting the same make centres as the fronts.