recomend a new laptop please!

askara

Established Member
Reaction score
1. What is your budget?
max under 600(but do tell if it is slightly more but much more performance). preferably around 500

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
doesnt really matter. but not huge
3. What screen resolution do you want?
1360 x 768 or higher
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
portable
5. How much battery life do you need?
hmmm around 4 hour or more? 2hour+ is fine i guess
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
counterstrike source on max resolution of the laptop.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
cad, solid edge. and watch 720/1080p movies
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
300+ but preferable around 500
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
ebuyer, amazon. play.com. curry. comets. pcworld, argos (genrally the big store)
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
3 year i think
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
basically any. ofcause bluray is a plus. but dont matter much.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
anybrand basically. but i guess acer has a rep of low quality build. and packardbell has a rep of ****** after sale serves.
13. What country do you live in?
uk.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
i basically use it in uni for CAD and solidedge. and watch movie linked to a hd tv. so hd is bigger the better and portabillity is a big factor but not crucial. i also want to play latest games on it. but i guess thats impossble at this price. so i satisfied with counterstike.

i kinda want one of the white sony vaio. but their batteries seem quite short. and **** perfomance.(i dont know much about alptop so i am unsure) but dam, i like the look

Last edited:
spec looks quite good with a i5(i guess higher the better) and 500G hdd. but i am not sure about the intergrated grahic card. can it play full hd video on tv no problem?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom