raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone recomend a dvd recorder for sky+, as I have almost filled up 4 pages!.

And i dont have time to watch everything, so need to archive films, shows, off.

It does not need a harddrive, but one that can store the most hours on a dvd.

Also fast at burning. Price 300-600

Important;

Also, I assume i would have to play, and watch, or leave the room, whilst i am burning to dvd ?, what i mean is that i cannot watch something else on sky+ while it is playing and burning onto dvd???.

That brings the question is if i have time to burn it to dvd, and cannot change channels, I might as well watch it and save on buying a dvd recorder?.

any advice would be cool.

rai

Originally posted by raigraphixs
That brings the question is if i have time to burn it to dvd, and cannot change channels, I might as well watch it and save on buying a dvd recorder?.

Well not really, as you could burn DVDs while you were sleeping, doing other stuff etc.

Can't offer much help on the DVDs as its something that I'm looking into myself, I am getting tempted by the Panasonic E85, although it does include a hard drive (which is something I want)

I have a Panasonic DMR-E50 recorder to use with my Sky+ and find it excellent.

One of the most useful features is the Ext-Link which allows me to set the recorder up ready to record before I go to bed, then once I am finished with the sky for the night, I can just set everything I want dumped to DVD to copy. The recorder 'wakes up' at this point and records the whole lot.

The only slight 'issue' is that it doesn't make a new title for each programme if you set more than one thing to copy.

There must be some way to fix that, but I have not had time to fiddle.

The E50 has now been replaced by the E55 which can fit an extra 2 hours onto a disc (8 instead of 6) but I never use that setting. I find 4 hours on a disc to be fine.

There are some deals on E-55's at the moment.

http://www.dealtime.co.uk/xPF-Panasonic_DMR_E55

Doc

Personally i have not gone for a DVD-r yet,

I don;t mean to be rude but, whats the point when Analouge Tv will be switched off in a couple of year, then its crap,

Im waiting for a decend PVR/DVD-r all in one, and if there is one that comes along, i may have to ditch sky plus.

Originally posted by chilpillphil3
I don;t mean to be rude but, whats the point when Analouge Tv will be switched off in a couple of year, then its crap,

If you are waiting for analogue to be turned off, you'll be waiting more like about 15 years.

The goverment said 2007, boxes are so cheap now and the prices will continue to fall, i think it will be sooner rather than later.

Originally posted by chilpillphil3
The goverment said 2007, boxes are so cheap now and the prices will continue to fall, i think it will be sooner rather than later.

Yes, honest Tony and pals would never lie to the british public :rotfl:, and they said between 2006 and 2010, with BBC first to go as early as next year.

But rather than getting a DVD-R, have you thought about sticking in a 120GB HDD (don't know if you have already), but that would be ALOT cheaper than a DVD-R.

Rich

I've thought about it, Not sure about all these problems people are getting, like not being able to skip more than 17 minutes, and just things not recording!

Up untill now my sky plus has worked perfect with only one failed recording.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom