1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recomed me sommat

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by Gambit, Jan 2, 2003.

1. Gambit

Gambit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've finished FF VII to X and loved them all. Are there any similar games, PC based, that you lot recomend for me? I tried Summoner but that was pretty crappy IMO. So something with a similar battle structure etc... and a good story. thanks in advance.

2. ytgti

ytgti
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    What about.

Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds.

Age of Empires 2.

Warcraft 2.

Civilization 3.

Conflict zone.

To name a few. I don't know what there like as i'm not a strategy game fan, but if you do a search for ''strategy games'' you can go through the sites to have a read of the reveiws.

:)

3. Gambit

Gambit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks ytgti but they're all Command and Conquer sytle games. I'm looking more for RPGs.

4. ytgti

ytgti
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry, i thought that's what Summoner was.:blush: :)

5. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,108
    I would recommend that you look into emulation and get the SNES classics. Chronotrigger - FFI-VI, Secret of Mana/Seiken Denetsu.

There are no real comparitives in the PC market as RPGs tend to be AD&D based.

The best recommendation would be to get a US PS2 and buy Kingdom Hearts (released on PAL now), Suikoden I-III (I and II are on PS1) and ChronoCross. Also take a look at Vagrant Heart, Xenogears etc.

You won't find many Japanese style RPGs on the PC, they are mainly released on the PS2. If you want quality arcade RPGs (gauntlet style) then take a look at Dungeon Seige, Diablo 2 or Divine Divinity. If you like AD&D take a look at Neverwinter Nights, Elder Scrolls 3 Morrowind or Baldurs Gate 2.

6. Gambit

Gambit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Sinzer, much appreciated. Played Baldurs gate a bit but didn't really like it. Remember a mate telling me xenogears was good and like the FFgames, so will find that. Thanks again.

7. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,374
    I too like Diablo 2 and the add on Lord of Destruction. I started Morrowind a few weeks ago and I’m enjoying it, see my post on it before you buy. I also picked up Diablo on the budget label and I have been playing it more or less constantly over the last 4 days, despite being 6 years old it is a cracking game. Also if you like first person RPG’s Deus Ex and Thief are excellent. They are also on budget.
    By the way Age of Empires Gold 1 in on budget as well.