• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Recomandation for a screen for Epson TW9200W

TheOnePJ

Novice Member
Hello.

I just order my new projector Epson TW9200W and now I look for a proper screen to match this projector. I mention that I choose this projector against others (Sony VP55ES or JVC X35) not because of the pricing difference ~1000EUR (I have a discount for Epson ~700EUR, so final price was ~2300EUR) but because of the 3D main purpose. I saw one in action and I was astonished. I saw also the Sony in working with it's default IR 3D glasses and I was dissapointed (I'm a Sony fan).

Room dimensions are Lxlxh: 5x3x2.5m (16.4x9.8x8.2ft).

My first option was for a 120" diagonal screen, but after reading some forums I understand that for my needs is too large, so I lower my diagonal to 100-105".

Currently, my options for screens are:

Reflecta Crystal-Line Electric 16:9 240x175cm, 106" (~240 EUR)

reflecta GmbH » Electric » reflecta Crystal-Line Motor lux 240 x 175 (236 x 133), 16:9

Characteristics:
• Gain 1.0
• Viewing angle 120°
• Weight/m2 300 g
• Screen thickness 0,35 mm
• Light-proof rear with black coating.
• Black border (2cm and 40cm for black drop).
• IR Remote control included

Medium Design-Roll Electric 232 x 131cm, 105" (~380 EUR)

Characteristics:
• Gain 1.2
• Viewing angle 100° (value not present on manufacturing site but on a review site)
• Black border (4cm and 30cm for black drop).

Comm-Tec ElectricMaster-II 132x234cm, 106" (~400 EUR reducesed from ~600EUR)

COMM-TEC Screens

Characteristics:
• Gain 1.0
• Viewing angle +-50°
• Black border (4cm and 30cm for black drop).

I don't know exactly what is the meaning of Comm-Tec screen for viewing angle +-50°, so my option whould be for the Medium screen because of the 1.2 gain (helpful for 3D viewing) and 100° viewing angle (it's a narrow room).

What are your professional opinions?

Thanks for help!

P.S.: do you have some calibration settings for TW9200W (I read some forums but I see some contradicting values)?

TheOnePJ

Novice Member
Thank you Lee! I see that there is a slight difference between TW9200 and TW7200 settings. I will try both of them to see the effects, but I'm confident that the ones for TW9200 should work better.

Do you have any suggestion about the screens?

TheOnePJ

Novice Member
Where did you buy it? How did you get 700€ discount?
I found it in Wien for 2690€.

I've got a promotinal price from a local retailer from my city from Romania. If you really are interested I can discuss and depending where you are located, you will need to pay the courier from Epson Romania to your place (still it should be much cheaper overall).

Projector just arrive and is FANTASTIC!

I order also an elite screen 100", enough for my room, gain 1.1, view angle 160° and as bonus an automatic trigger. This will arrive on the next days and I'm confident if on white wall is fantastic, on a special screen will be more fun!

TheOnePJ

Novice Member
I live in Zagreb, Croatia. I would be very thankful if you could ask. Thanks a lot!

Hello and sorry for late reply.

I discussed with the seller and as long they have selling, they will keep this low price. This is special offer from Epson for the most selling representatives.

There is no problem with sending this projector wherever is needed. You can get in contact with the seller at the following email: [email protected]

Personal contact, like name and phone number you will get it after you will send your request (what you want: projector, screen, warranty, ceiling mount, etc.). I also buy an extended warranty, 5 years projector and 5 years lamp at half of the price. Warranty available over global Epson.

Best Regards!

Peter Parker

Distinguished Member
With a 105" diagonal screen, 2m viewing may be too close due to pixel visibility. 3m may be better, but as you now have the pj, have you determined that the screen size you've ordered is OK by projecting an image at that size and viewed it from 2m?

Gary

TheOnePJ

Novice Member
I already receive and instaled an 100" screen from Elite Screens (Electric100H). Pixels were seen under 1m-1.5m. From 2m it was ok (with some effort to keep the full image inside the eye field). Anyway, the 2m place will not be used too often. The most used view places will be in the range from 3 to 4.5m and as I tested, I didn't feel any disconfort at all.

Best Regards.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom