ReClock wierdness....

DistortionNat

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Several months ago I setup a nice new PC with quad core and Geforce 8800GTS and was using it as a HTPC in my bedroom. Nice, no problems, smooth playback, very happy with it I was!

However, 2 weeks ago I needed to reformat and setup new partitions etc so reinstalled Windows and now ALL the bloody videos I play are stuttering so Ive had to install ReClock to sort it out.

I would really like to go back to not using reclock, I dont have anything against the thing its just that its annoying to keep enabling/disabling it everytime I switch between using my PC as a HTPC and general usage machine. Plus its another thing running in the background etc...
Does anyone have any idea at all as to why I now need to use reclock and is there any chance I will be able to go back to not using it?

Thanks.

Still cant figure it out.
Maybe I had a different set of codecs installed last time or something... I dunno. Although I always only ever used FFDshow.

:mad:

It sounds like you have something sucking up performance.

First, make sure all your drivers are up to date, esp. the GFX drivers.

Read THIS for an idea of how to cut down on background programs, maybe something got installed with a driver?

It sounds like you have something sucking up performance.

First, make sure all your drivers are up to date, esp. the GFX drivers.

Read THIS for an idea of how to cut down on background programs, maybe something got installed with a driver?

I dont think its this. I have a quad core and when looking at the performance tab in the task manager the cpu meters are hardly moving....

what renderer are you using? perhaps make sure it is using the one you used before. (depends on OS which is best)

ok well I checked the renderer and it all looks the same as before.
But anyway I unistalled everything and then installed the K-Lite codec pack and now its all sorted!!

Thanks for your help guys :eek:)

Strange, I always found FFDShow Tryouts to be far less flaky than K-Lite. I still think, if you had to install ReClock, that your GFX drivers are either out of date, of a different version to the ones you were using previously?

Strange, I always found FFDShow Tryouts to be far less flaky than K-Lite. I still think, if you had to install ReClock, that your GFX drivers are either out of date, of a different version to the ones you were using previously?

They are definatly not out of date as I grabbed the latest ones off the NVidia website. They may however be different ones to the ones I was using last time though....

but anyway, installing the K-Lite codec pack has sorted the issue.

i have found the nvidia 190 drivers to be rubbish.

i prefer the 186 ones.

i have found the nvidia 190 drivers to be rubbish.

i prefer the 186 ones.

Thats why I said a different version. I have had that time and again, new drivers breaking things that worked previously.

:rolleyes:

Bloody ATi and nVidia! :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom