1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reclock information please

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by BarryK, Mar 7, 2005.

1. BarryK

BarryK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi all,
    I am at present trying to fine tune the refresh rate to my projector by using reclock and powerstrip. In the reclock instructions that i downloaded it states that to optimise SPDIF output you should:-

1. Setup your hardware properly, and choose the video refresh rate on your video card.
    2. launch configuration application, and hit "laenup manual frame rates database"
    3. lauch your favourite player(Theatertek in my case) and start playback of your media with AC3, set media adaptation as needed. Now wait for the ppm indicator to stabalize to a very low value i.e. under 10ppm
    4. Stop playback, and start it again for 30mins. After that you can see in the properties panel a count of AC3 frames dropped or repeated.

It then goes on how to use this information to fine tune powerstrip.
    The question I have though is that I cannot find the count of AC3 frames dropped or repeated in the properties panel. Can anyone please help me find this information in the reclock program.

Thanking you in anticipation
    Barry

2. stlic

stlic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Barry the properties panel being refered to is found by clicking the reclock icon that appears when you are playing back compatible media, not the same as the configuration program. Bear with it the results are definately worth it.

3. BarryK

BarryK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have clicked the clock icon and it then displays the properties screen which shows the fps, refresh rate, ppm, synch etc. but I cannot find the frames dropped/repeated on this screen.????

4. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    The numbers you need are in the left-hand section, about the middle of the dialog, marked 'dropped frames' and 'repeat frames' IIRC. This is with version 1.5beta10, not sure if 1.4 was the same in this respect.

5. BarryK

BarryK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I`ve just checked and I have the 1.4 version and can`t see the dropped/repeated frames anywhere. Does anyone else with this version know if it is included on this version?

6. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Get your hands on the latest 1.5, I've used it for a long time now (ie. many weeks) and not had a single problem I could blame on it .. and if you find problems just uninstall and go back to 1.4. This info is really important to optimise the card and avoid audio glitches.

7. Ar-Jar

Ar-Jar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe you don't have SPDIF sound on after all. With analog sound you don't see the "dropped" and "repeated" packages. You should check the "SPDIF passthrough" box in AC3-filter.

-A