• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Reclock - 2 refresh rate questions.

Lord Biggington

Standard Member
I have been following the thread
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305107

and had a couple of questions of my own on a related theme (didnt want to hijack that thread though).

I am just starting to get into ReClock to try to fix (very minor) stuttering when playing US DivX material (23.976 stuff). I am feeding a 50hz signal via dvi to a Sagem Axium Rear projection TV (D45). Unfortunately the display wont accept 72, so I have tried to use reclock to change the refresh rate to 48.

It seems to only partially work. I am trying to switch between 48,50 and 60. It switches ok between 50 and 60, and 48 and 60, but it wont seem to do it between 48 and 50. I am using MCE,powerstrip, with a 6600G, running what I think are the latest nvidia drivers. Manually I can set either 48 or 50, but powerstrip seems to have trouble switching between the two, and my display says no signal when I try. But as I said I can set either 48 or 50 (switching from 60) and the display handles it. I am just trying to switch the refresh rates using powerstrip, with the MCE interface closed.

OK if you are still with me....two questions:
1. Has anyone else either had experience with the sagem or know of a problem switching between two refresh rates that are close? (ie 48 and 50).

2.Is this going to be better if I connected via VGA? I have been reluctant to even bother trying this as I have been quite happy with the quality of the picture via dvi (apart from this minor stuttering).

Any advice or tips welcome!

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom