• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Recliner Sofa - Disassembly?

Chris1712

Hi all, I've got a cheap homebase 2-seater leather recliner back home and I'd like to get it down to my new digs in Brizzle.
Apparently, it arrived in two parts, the back and the base. Unfortunately I wasn't there when it was delivered, so I'm just going on what my mum remembers. Now I'm hoping that I can dismantle it somewhat and maybe squeeze it into my car in two trips?

Just wondering if anyone has one that requires assembly like this, and if they know how it all fits together? I'm in Bristol at the moment, but will be heading home to check it out this weekend and it'd be nice to have an idea of what I'm up against.

My one looks like this........

5940165hb40425x.jpg

Really appreciate any help guys!

confused88

I got a single recliner some time ago that also came in two parts and it was pretty easy to put together. You just fit the two parts and no tools were required. Hopefully this will be as easy but maybe due to extra weight a second person will be needed.

gazzafira

Standard Member
Hi mate,
Hope this helps. If it is the model I am thinking of. Turn settee on its back, there should be 2 or 3 nuts and bolts threaded through the steel frames. Undo and remove nuts and bolts. Then usually the back is connected with a bolt head that slots into a keyhole plate and it is just a case of moving 1 side up or down and the bolt should pop out of the plate. Just wiggle it a bit. Hope this helps. Good luck with the move.:hiya:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom