1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recivers for B&W 602 Speakers

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by boss, Oct 8, 2002.

1. boss

boss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I will buy a reciver but i dont now which one is the best for my speakers. My front speakers are B&W602s3 and rear B&W602s2.
    My budget is around 650 pounds.

I am from Slovenia so i am sorry for my bad writing.

2. hobbes

hobbes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    for around the £600 mark you can pick up a new Denon 3802 which is one of the best amps around if you're not going into flagship territory.
    The Denon A10SE can be had for round £500 second hand and is a very capable amp but lacks Pro Logic 2 and needs an extra stereo amp to get Ex.

However if you are starting out then it would be worth considering the 1803 for £299. Depends how serious you are as to whether you can justify spending £300 more.

All amps above will easily drive your BW speakers.

If you dont like Denon then you could also try the Marantz x200 and newer x300 series. I think theres a good price for the 7300 at AvLand but the price has escaped me.

Shaun

3. WhyAyeMan

WhyAyeMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +276
    Personally, I think you should check out the NAD T761, I think it would be an ideal match for your B&W speakers. Very powerful too, you should be able to find one for less than RRP.

http://www.hifichoice.co.uk/review_read.asp?ID=1879

Personally, I dont think marantz stuff is a good match for B&W, its simply too bright a combination, and sounds harsh.

4. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +660
    Denon 3802 is a very nice piece of kit at the price. Also worth considering at that level are Sony STR-VA555ES, and possibly also Onkyo DS696 and Harman Kardon 5500. Arcam DVR200 is also not bad, especially if you think you might want to play music through it.

5. Nazgul9

Nazgul9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Glej ga no, se en slovenc na tem forumu, kaksen slucaj! A ni svet majhen. :)

Jaz tudi trenutno iscem pravi receiver za moje B&W zvocnike (trenutno se serija 300, ampak upam da kmalu serija 600). Zelo me priteguje NAD-ov novi model T752 ali T762, ki naj bi zelo pasal zraven omenjenih zvocnikov, ampak se nisem sigurn tak da sem (bom) tudi odprl en thread tu na to temo.

Sorry folks for the slovenian language in the above post, but i had to welcome a fellow slovenian. :D