Recieving 2 Sky signals ?

G

Gadget_Man

I've got Sky digital and would like a 2nd signal to allow me to record to my Media Centre.

Whats the cheapest way to get this done? would Sky+ be a wise option.

Don't want to subscribe to anything for too long with Sky-HD imminent.

Any ideas?

Simplest way is to fit a dual lnb to your dish then you will have two outputs: one to your sat receiver, the other to your media centre.

Robbie34 said:
Simplest way is to fit a dual lnb to your dish then you will have two outputs: one to your sat receiver, the other to your media centre.

That won't work unless he has a DVB-S card in his PC.

Gadget_Man said:
I've got Sky digital and would like a 2nd signal to allow me to record to my Media Centre.

Do you just want to be able to record a Sky signal on your media centre?...or..do you want to be able to watch 1 Sky prog and record a different one?

JayCee said:
Do you just want to be able to record a Sky signal on your media centre?...or..do you want to be able to watch 1 Sky prog and record a different one?

Watch one channel and record the other.

JayCee said:
That won't work unless he has a DVB-S card in his PC.
One assumes that he has, otherwise why would he be asking?

Robbie34 said:
One assumes that he has, otherwise why would he be asking?

If there is one thing I have learned in the time I've been trawling these forums is never to assume all posters know what they're talking about. :devil:

Gadget_Man said:
Watch one channel and record the other.

I think you would need two Sky boxes with a multiroom subscription to do this.
Sky+ won't help in this case either as it only outputs what's being showing on-screen...you cannot watch one prog and output a different one.

JayCee said:
I think you would need two Sky boxes with a multiroom subscription to do this.
Sky+ won't help in this case either as it only outputs what's being showing on-screen...you cannot watch one prog and output a different one.

Ok thanks, should have said tge Media Centre is an Elonex Artisan LX with 2 hybrid cards. I'm feeding one via scart>RGB. I suppose the esiest way is like you say to have another digi-box (sky+ maybe?)feeding the 2nd card in the same way. 1 feed for viewing from the Sky+ box and the 2nd one for recording. Hopefully the Sky+ box will have outputs for each sky transmission (2)?

Don't want to have to have 2 of the ugly sky decoders in my AV cabinet, one is enough :rolleyes: .

Do you know what they are charging for this to be supplied/setup at the momen?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom