Reciever with line level output as well as speaker outputs

joshvocals

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I need a receiver with variable line level outs as well as speaker outputs that will work at the same time from an HDMI input.

I want to set up my active Yamaha HS80m's as the front LR speakers, with some smaller passive speakers around the room. Ideally I would like to run in 5.1 surround.

Any ideas on a reciver that offers this functionality that is relatively cheap?

thanks,

Josh

The Marantz 1601 I believe has front preouts which would do what you want but it probably is no cheaper than the models Dante suggests above. It also is probably not as good in terms of sound quality since it is a slimline receiver and these tend to be compromised in terms of sound quality due to their smaller size.

Bearing in mind the relatively budget nature of your powered monitors, you could use the speaker outputs of any AVR, plugged through a direct injection box and drop the level to line quite easily. You could even make up a suitable box, with a few resistors.

There will be a performance downgrade compared to proper pre-outs, but I think you will find this quite usable.

Hi all, thanks for your replies.

Have a Pioneer VSX-322x, and I have decided to input analogue from the TV 3.5mm output into the AVR, so that I can use the CDR line level analogue output for the monitors and then run the active speakers off of the speaker outputs, but whilst still being able to control the volume of the whole systems by just turning the TV up and down.

Tried converting the speaker level outputs with a speaker level to line level converter, but just sounded horrendous.

Thanks for your help,

J

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom