Reciever to pair with Klipsch RP-280F

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Martin91, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Martin91

Martin91
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi.
    I just bought my first set of hi-fi-speakers, and I'm really excited.
    Where I live, it's not very easy to try out different speakers in store, which resulted in me buying Klipsch RP-280F after thoroughly reading reviews and user-feedbacks.

I mostly listen to rock (heavy metal), funk, elektronika, and to some degree indie/dream pop. But the main usage of my setup, will be movies and TV-series. This made me buy the Klipsch, reading that they will probably suit my needs, giving that they are dynamic, fun and powerful.

I have not yet bought a reciever, and I find this to be quite exhausting, as there are so many to choose from. After reading a dousin of reviews, I ended up wanting the Sony DN1080, as whathifi, avforums and many other reviewers praise this reciever in its price range. Whathifi puts this reciever in the same class as the Denon X3400, giving the denon a little extra edge, due to a warmer and more pleasant listening-experience. The thing is, in my country, the Sony is 620usd, and the Denon is currently unavaiable because of the introduction of the X3500. The X3500 will be 1250usd in my country.
    And I don't think it will be worth the price-difference? Any thoughts?

Any other reciever-recommendations for the Klipsc RP-280F? Musical taste; rock, metal, elektronica, funk, indiepop. But most importantly, I want a fun and immersive experience when watching movies. I will eventually expand to a 5.1.2 atmos-setup.

Would you have settled for the Sony? Or do you think the Denon is worth twice the price?
    Any other recommendations for a reciever +/- 1000usd?