1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Notice: AVForums will be offline at 10pm for no longer than 30 minutes for scheduled maintenance. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.
    Dismiss Notice

reciever to go with mordaunt short genies

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by p.e.no1, Apr 13, 2005.

1. p.e.no1

p.e.no1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    my first venture into a proper home cinema and my first post so please go gentle as i`m not that technically minded.i have just purchased the genie speakers and now need a reciever to go with them.i have a budget of £250 and have been looking at the yamaha range(rx v650 and downwards)and a couple of denon`s.any other suggestions would be welcomed warmly.

also,what cabling do i need.obviously need speaker cable but am a little unsure as to the interconnects i need for the sub and dvd player(poss samsung hd745).again,all comments taken with thanks.

2. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,226
    Seem to have lots of positive feedback from Yamaha owners and quite a bit from SR4500 owners as well- the quality of amps at this point climbs ever upwards so making a bad decision gets harder and harder.