Reciever required but size limited

unfitgit

Standard Member
Reaction score
Im starting to look into purchasing an av reciever and speakers to go with my new Panasonic 42PZ80 and Sony BDP-S350 player. Speakers will not be a problem as far as i can tell as there are loads of options, really like the Kef KHT 1005.2 speakers. however the problem i have is with the location in my unit for putting an av reciever as i have a height of about 17-18cm and most of the recievers seem to be around 17cm.
I saw the Sony STRDG820 which is ok size wise and has HD audio, so fits my needs. Can get a Yamaha RXV363 and Onkyo TXSR506 which again are ok size wise but dont have the HD audio.
Does anyone know of any other options available and also how much clearance is best to leave for an av reciever can i get away with 1cm clearance or would this cause problems heat wise?

Thanks

What's your budget?

I have an Harman Kardon AVR355 which I would heartily recommend it comes in at about 15cm tall. The AVR255 is the same size I believe and a bit cheaper.

Think you are stuffed! Could the amp go on top of the unit? Otherwise save up some more money and get HK they are the only game in town for your sizing issue that will come fully loaded for HD audio without lots of messing around, knowing what you are doing and loads of cabling. Or buy a seperate AV rack/bigger equipment stand.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom