• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Reciever buying advice

zerimar

Standard Member
Hi everyone,

I'm happy I found this forum. My first post but have been browsing around through the threads.

I'm planning to replace my 12 year old Pioneer receiver and currently have Dali Suite 1.7 speakers in a 5.1 setup. Sub is also a Pioneer. I still have my original satellite speakers which I could use in a 7.1 or even a 9.1 setup, although maybe an overkill since my living room is only 5m x 5m x 2.3 m with parquet flooring and cement walls.

Which of the new Denons (1912, 2312, 3312) would you guys recommend? For those who were able to test 2 or all three, is there a big difference specially in SQ between the 1912 and 2312? What are the advantages/disadvantages of each? Which of the 3 would better suite my speakers? The 1912 is 50% cheaper than the 3312 and the 2312 is only CHF 100.00 cheaper than the 3312.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom