Recieved my New Xbox One from UPS...and can't play it lol

Discussion in 'Xbox One Accessories' started by leebroath, Feb 22, 2014.

1. leebroath

leebroath

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,327
    At the title states, I have now received my brand new Xbox One from Microsoft.....but I can't play it as I'm Offshore lol

Simple process of them holding onto the £391 and sending me a new one, then my other half organised for the old one to be picked up again from UPS and it's winging it's way back to MS as we speak.

My other half sent me a photo of the Xbox One but hasn't opened it but did take a photo of it to send to me, it's really well packaged up and I can't wait to get home to see if it works.

Problem I had was the controllers were loosing connection with the Xbox One and the X white light was flashing on and off for around 5 seconds then it connected again, I tried all the troubleshooting tips so ended up going for the new consolke route.

as you can see it's well protected and wrapped up pretty much like a newly born baby lol

Attached Files:

2. Dexy

Dexy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +374
    Nice, now to get home and play it, I'm offshore monday for 2 weeks, cant wait to get home to my xbox one.

3. Waynej

Waynej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,337
    I too have been having the issue with controller losing connection. It happens for a few seconds then reconnects, I also have an issue with the headset, sometimes I can't be heard in chat and have to unplug then plug it back into the controller.

I still have the headset issue, but since the Feb update I have yet to encounter the controller sync issue since. I'll keep an eye on it, but was only intending to try and replace the Day One controller and possibly the headset... is swapping out the console really necessary?

4. leebroath

leebroath

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,327
    Well I did hear of a few people having connection issues with their controllers and decided to send for a new console and their issues have gone now

Maybe there is still a problem with your console picking up the signal from the controller, my friend was having this but it was only because he couldn't check the battery status. He charged his up fully and he hasn't had a problem with the headset loosing connection

To be honest it's under warranty for a year so I'd rather try all the possible ways so I have a good machine not one that could have issues that might return

Go through all the troubleshooting first mate then if it doesn't work get a new machine :)

5. Waynej

Waynej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,337
    This issue has resurfaced again recently, even bought a new controller which was going fine til last night and it started on the new pad too.

I did think it might be the batteries, but am coming to the conclusion that it must be the console at fault.

Has there been any official comment that controller syncing/powering off issue is the console itself, and whether it's a common issue?

If I need the console replacing, how do I go about that. Phone call to MS, or can I do it online? Assuming I'd then need to register the console too.

The reason I'd rather it not be the console is because all my games are digital, and it's going to be a pain in the ass to re-download everything. If they would loan me the discs to install with the replacement console I'd be less pissed.

6. leebroath

leebroath

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,327
    Yes I'm pretty sure mine did this again couple nights ago, even with a new console, pretty sure it lost connection.

I'm going to give it another but of time and also reset the fibre hub.

Hope to god it's not the console!

7. Waynej

Waynej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,337
    Ah that must be disheartening for a replacement to act up.

When they swapped it over for you did you get a brand new console, boxed etc. with Day One controller? I'd be quite pissed if they swap the whole lot and I don't get a Day One pad with replacement.

Also, just out of curiosity - are you using the official Xbox One battery pack, or do you also use rechargeable AA's?

I use Duracell AA's as does my cousin, but he doesn't get this sync issue. So doubt it would be the batteries related.

8. leebroath

leebroath

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,327
    Should be ok, if not then it's off again back to Xbox

Not putting up with it losing connection

Would be good to know if this is a known problem and Xbox are aware of it

It was just the xbox one which was replaced no accessories and I use the play and charge battery