1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recieved my new Plasma Hitachi pd5200 few questions

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Marekuk, Jul 8, 2004.

1. Marekuk

Marekuk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Many thanks to everyone who has posted about plasma's , this have given me a valuable insight into what plasma to buy for the money i had and where to buy it from. Nexnix where great to deal with.

I purchased a Vivanco Control AV Scart Switch because of the lack of scarts on the back of the hitachi. I had some really poor scart cables and decided to change these for THOR scart cables but i dont seem to see much difference with this.

Current setup has one scart to scart switch, one from dvd to scart switch and one from freeview box to switch.

Has anyone got any advice on this and am i buying the wrong interconnects.

hitachi pd5200
    434 pioneer dvd
    freeview box

My first post cheers for looking in and a big hello to all :)

Marek

2. Shepski

Shepski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hiya,

doesnt the 434 have component output? i would get some decent component cables and connect dvd using that and leave freeview on the single scart thus removing the scart switch.

Simon

3. bowler

bowler
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I assume your plasma is wall mounted as mine is on the stand and I could not get the THOR cable to fit.

I use a manual switch box for NTL and Freeview and the RGB picture is very good on both formats.

4. Marekuk

Marekuk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    My plasma tv is on the stand and it was a tight fit to get the THOR cable in but i did get it in. I am going to try changing some of the settings and see what differences i can make there have been some good posts on this thread about setting up

As regards to component i havent looked at this yet as i am relatively new to setting up the system i am in need soon of an amp/speaker system as well but not to pricey

Marek

5. setay

setay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bought a Vivanco Scart Control box but output signal kept changing from RGB to composite. Just be aware that this could happen and if it does you really wont get the best picture. I now don't use it now. I should take it back really.

6. England100

England100
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have been looking at the 37pd5200 in Currys. They connected a Freeview box via scart and the picture was not worth £2700. As usual with plasmas there was shimmering around the edges.

Will one of John Sims boxes sort this out? www.js-technology.com

I saw a 32" in Sevenoaks with a good picture but it turned out to have £1000 scaler inbetween the Freeview box and the plasma!

7. Shepski

Shepski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you can get the 37pd5200 from currys via the web for £2238 delivered if you buy it at 2399 and then use the code that freely available on the web. for that price its a cracking unit, i am probably going to go for this once i get a credit back for the 42pd5200 that i am in the process of returning as it is just too dam big for viewing in my lounge! i am however currently waiting for a call from an independant retailer to see if he can get the 37's via his hitachi rep and at how much as i personally would prefer not to use currys.

8. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,459
    I have some advice

firstly dont expect miracles for the first few weeks - I thought I had wasted my money to start with but after a month of daily use ( 3 to 4 hours a day ) the set got a new life

Then take a look here for my current settings

The TVs RED and GREEN values are too high and for the first few weeks you need to run at lower contrast

I too use Thor Scart cables

9. Orlando

Orlando

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I have spent the past three days in Currys looking at both the Hitachi 37pd5200 and
    the Panasonic 37pe30. I can get them for about the same money, but just can't decide.
    I think the Hitachi has a very clear picture and is sharper than the Panny, but it can pixelate in certain situations where the Panny doesn't.
    Has anyone got experiances with either of these sets to help me in my decision.
    Thanks in advance, any comments would be appreciated.