• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Recharging in the wild !!

TonyHill

Standard Member
I’m planning a walking/camping holiday in the States next year and am planning on taking my Canon 30D with me.

One thing I haven’t worked out yet as some of the camping will be in the wilds, i.e. no electricity supply, how do I recharge the camera battery. Obviously I will take spare batteries, but are there any solutions on the marked e.g. portable solar panels, that would recharge a battery sufficiently to use in the camera ?

jonnypb

seems to be quite a few portable solar panels if you google, not sure if they're any good or not though as it's not something i've ever looked at. if you're in the car you could get a charger

ilweran

Someone I work with bought a solar charger for their phone/laptop and it seems to work reasonably well for the phone at least. Less useful for his laptop, but then he doesn't have any south facing windows.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom