1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recharging battery on NW-HD5Hi

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by kwan_dk, Sep 14, 2005.

1. kwan_dk

kwan_dk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I'm thinking about upgrading from my old minidisc player to the NW-HD5. I have one question though, which might seem pretty stupid, but since I'm not very experienced in terms of mp3 players I hope you'll bear over with me.

Can you only recharge the battery of the NW-HD5 by using an USB cable connected to a computer? My reason for asking about this, is that I'm about to backpack in Australia in the near future, and I know that I won't have regular access to computers. I have seen somewhere that the NW-HD5 is supplied witn an AC power adaptor, but am I right in presuming that it cannot be used for recharging the battery and that this can only be done via USB?

If so, I think I'll have to think this over again and maybe settle, for the mean time, with a new minidisc player. (the old one has finally broken down after almost four years of constant playing...)

Thanks in advance.

With regards
    Martin, Denmark

2. johnalkateb

johnalkateb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hey you can recharge the battery in the HD5/H via USB OR the ac adaptor. Through the AC adaptor is also quicker. Hope that answers your question.

3. Gonkenobi

Gonkenobi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Correct, you can do both things. Via USB it should take 6 hours to charge, using the ac adaptor just three.

Regards

4. kwan_dk

kwan_dk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease: Just to make sure that I've understood your answers correctly one final time before I decide to shelve out money for the player:

1) You can indeed recharge the replacable battery of the NW-HD5 by means of the AC power adaptor? And there are no draw-backs to this compared to doing it via USB?

2) Is this adaptor included in the package when you buy the NW-HD5?

Thanks in advance...

Martin

5. Gonkenobi

Gonkenobi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1) In fact, I have only charged so far my HD5 using the AC adaptor

2) Yes, it's included

I own the 30 Gb model HD5H, after returning my original HD5 due to the famous cracks. Little bit more expensive, but no cracks and 50% plus of disk space.

Regards

6. jack190

jack190

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Also you can buy a power adapter for your car. It charges and plays while playing through the tape adapter. I got the Sony Car pack.