Rechargeable batteries lose charge

M

mjboyt

I use Ni-Mh 2300 mAh rechargeable batteries for my Fuji S602 but find if I leave them in the camera for a few days they lose their charge and I have to replace them with a fully charged set. Is this normal practice?

Yes they do tend to lose charge, but they are probably just falling below the minimum voltage required by the camera. It's OK tough to top-up charge them.

A few days seems a little fast, a week maybe!

Yes, I would say around a week, but it never seemed to happen with my former camera. Surely the camera cannot consume energy when turned off?

Originally posted by mjboyt
Yes, I would say around a week, but it never seemed to happen with my former camera. Surely the camera cannot consume energy when turned off?

Yes they can - remove the memory card when not using the camera.
Chris

A digi cam will still use some power from the batteries when switched off. I've got 2 cameras that have a memory function for date & time etc that obviously takes some power to maintain (not sure if all cameras have this though). The cameras do not have separate removeable batteries for this so they must have a fixed rechargeable battery that takes power from the main batteries to maintain a charge. Also all electrical equipment will drain some power from installed batteries. I have a radio cassette player that I use for a couple of weeks a year on batteries. If I leave good batteries installed, by the next year they will have gone flat. If I remove them between useage then they will last a couple of years. These are non rechargeable batteries.
My Ni-Mh batteries even loose a charge over a period of a couple of weeks when removed from any equipment. This is standard for this type of battery and not a fault.

Mark.

I noticed exactly the same issue with my 602 , sold it on eventually as every time I went to use it , I had to recharge first.

I know that some S7000 had a recall by Fuji for a similar problem.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom