Rechargeable batteries for my controller

BritanniaJaf

Can anybody recommed decent rechargeable battery deals, basically played 360 whole weekend and used at least a dozen batteries in my controller and obv fight night and ghost recon are due out this weekend

Cheers

dannius

Get yourself a play and charge kit. Only £12.99 on play.com last time I checked and you'll never need batteries again! :smashin:

MonkeyKnuckle

Novice Member
i have a plug and charge and mine does not work properly at all, charges in about 30mins then is empty 5 mins later. i have also tried rechargable batteries and they didnt last very long either.

so i started using my wired controller and to be honest i prefer it. i find it lighter and more comfortable to hold.

BritanniaJaf

Does anybody else have the same problems with their play and charge kit as MonkeyKnuckle

Thanks for the quick response guys

Indiana Jones

Most rechargable batteries need an un-interupted charge for several hours, did you do this? because if you didnt then it might explain your problem with it not holding a charge.

dannius

MonkeyKnuckle86 said:
i have a plug and charge and mine does not work properly at all, charges in about 30mins then is empty 5 mins later. i have also tried rechargable batteries and they didnt last very long either.

so i started using my wired controller and to be honest i prefer it. i find it lighter and more comfortable to hold.
Mine's been fine, no problems at all. I'm not sure exactly how long I get on a full charge but it seems to last ages.

Have you tried more than one play and charge kit MonkeyKnuckle?

B murray, i use play & charge and it works great. Sometimes the green light comes on saying its charged, but just pull out USB and put it in again and it goes red and charges again. I usually charge it for bout 4 hours and then i get about 30 hours play

I use Uniross NiMH rechargeables. They last ages and I've never had an issue with them.

Look in cheapo shops for good deals e.g. Wilkinsons. Appprox £8 for the charger + 4 batteries.

MonkeyKnuckle

Novice Member
dannius said:
Mine's been fine, no problems at all. I'm not sure exactly how long I get on a full charge but it seems to last ages.

Have you tried more than one play and charge kit MonkeyKnuckle?
no i havent, i am guessing it is the battery more than the charge kit. but i am happy with my wired one:)

MonkeyKnuckle86 said:
no i havent, i am guessing it is the battery more than the charge kit. but i am happy with my wired one:)
Microsoft are soft!!

Mate if you phone them up and say either your controller or your play & charge kit is broken, then they will send you a new one no problem

I dropped my wireless controller down my stairs, and it stopped working, and i then phoned them up and they sent me a new controller, the guy on the phone said i should give the broken one to the delivery driver, but he never asked!!

Later i got my 'broken' one;) working again, and i ended up with two controller. I also know a similar situation where it involved a hard drive, but obviously he didnt drop it downstairs

The Codfather

Standard Member
Something I discovered with the Play & Charge, if you want to give your rechargable batt a full charge, plug in the Play & Charge lead to the 360 and the pad, then turn the console off via the pad and the blade menu. The console will switch off, but the power circuit stays active (the fan is still on but at a very low speed) and will stay on until the controller is charged then it'll shut off completely.

Handy if you want to charge the controller overnight :)

just slackin'

The Codfather said:
Something I discovered with the Play & Charge, if you want to give your rechargable batt a full charge, plug in the Play & Charge lead to the 360 and the pad, then turn the console off via the pad and the blade menu. The console will switch off, but the power circuit stays active (the fan is still on but at a very low speed) and will stay on until the controller is charged then it'll shut off completely.

i just plug it into the usb on my pc overnight.

pc is on most of the time anyway.

Stay clear of Uniross 2300MAH batteries, they don't fit in the pad, they just get stuck, not a problem with the batteries, but the controller battery compartment design...

Steve-L

Novice Member
I've been using both the official charger / battery and a few sets of NiMH batts for a while now - the official battery does seem to last longer, possibly twice as long but I've never been inclined to actually time this ;)

I also charge by plugging into the 360 and turning it "off" overnight. Can't see the point of the play while charging thing as you've basically turned your wireless pad into a wired one :suicide:

I love the wireless pads, the extra weight doesn't bother me at all and I would never go back to using wired ones :smashin:

EDIT: Can't remember what brand of NiMH batts I have, got them from Maplins and they are silver...

PeteIvy

I'm quite happy with my Energizer 15 minute battery charger I got from Currys at the weekend. Normally £40 but on special offer for £20. Comes with 4 batteries and also a car socket. Not actually used the batteries ina controller yet. But charged up all my rechargeables (about 24 AA's and 16 AAA's) over the weekend in less than 3 hours.

Indiana Jones

BMURRAY9 said:
What do you use Indiana Jones
, recharge batteries or the plug and play kit
Actually I am using neither, still on the original batteries the controller came with and when they finally die I have a pack of 20 Panasonic AA's to go through.

Steve-L

Novice Member
Indiana Jones said:
Actually I am using neither, still on the original batteries the controller came with and when they finally die I have a pack of 20 Panasonic AA's to go through.
I think they only lasted me about 8-10 hours, but I guess it depends what games you play and if you use the headset too. Rechargeables should last a lot longer than alakalines...

the batteries the controller are great, they lasted twice as long as my panasonic ones!! :thumbsup: to microsoft for not putting cheap low life batteries in them!!!!!

l34052

The Codfather said:

I tried this a few times but after bout 5 mins the console turns off completely so i either have to turn it on and leave it alone or leave my pc on overnight which eats electricity. Am i doin somethin wrong??

DarkEntity

I think i charge my controller once every week or week and half, never had a problem.

The play and charge is an excellent addon which imo should have been bundled with the premium but hey.

DarkEntity

l34052 said:
I tried this a few times but after bout 5 mins the console turns off completely so i either have to turn it on and leave it alone or leave my pc on overnight which eats electricity. Am i doin somethin wrong??
Basically have you 360 powered on, connect the play and charge cable to one of the front 2 usb ports and the controller then use the controller to power off the console. The 360 will stay on until the controller has fully charged.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020

Latest News

Melco anniversary edition N10 library announced
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Disney+ UK for November 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Denon, Marantz and Yamaha AV receivers hit by HDMI 2.1 bug
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published