Rechargeable Backup Battery Pack for Mobile phones, MP4 players etc

TrueAV4ME

Standard Member
PINES Rechargeable Backup Battery Pack for Mobile phones incl. iPhone, Nokia, Samsung, LG, Sony Ericsson, Motorola, Palm, Blackberry, HTC & more..

Main Product Features

• 4800mAh Li-Ion battery extends up to 16 hours of talk time (based on mobile phone with 850mAh battery)
  • iPhone can be charged 2-3 times (1400mAh battery), Nokia N95 Charge 3-4 times (1200mAh battery), iPod Charge over 15 times (350mAh battery)
  • Over 1 years standby charge, charging of the portable charger and your device simultaneously, Built-in overcharge protection & Short-circuit protection
  • 10 different connection tips(for major brands) included. More tips are available for purchase, if needed.
  • Rechargable using several power sources (Mains/Car & USB power)
a1.jpg

a2.jpg

I got a fantastic bit of kit and just wanted to share!

I had to do a handful of 17hr flights recently, and wanted a backup battery for my Creative Zen MP4 player. it is dead handy for watching films etc, but even though the battery life is great (4hrs watching video) - obviously this would only do me for a quarter of the flight.

So i was looking for an external battery / charger for it. i looked around for tech specs etc and did quite a search. in terms of size vs charge capacity, i was only realistically expecting to find something that gave me another four or five hours, to be honest.

Anyway, i bit the bullet and bought something called a Pines MP-530 battery pack. it costs £34.90 on Amazon and the link is here:
PINES Rechargeable Backup Battery Pack for Mobile: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

It fits in your pocket, has tons of adapters etc - all the kind of thing i expected. but what i did NOT expect was the performance.

I plugged it in to my Zen and left it playing videos continuously - i wanted to see how much it extended the battery life. in the end, i had to re-start my test because it just kept going and going. so i charged it all up again and started over, listing every film it played and film length.

Impressive? well, the base battery life of the Zen is about 4 hrs. with this little gadger attached, the battery life increased to... wait for it... 23.5 hours!!! and that's not some manufacturers claim - that's me, playing it on constant video with full volume to see how long it would last.

So - absolutely delighted with this bit of kit. i flew back the other day, 17hr flight, and when i landed it still had 60% charge left (wasn't watching vids constantly). i used to use a little charger that took 4 x AAA batteries, and for that flight i would go through the Zen internal battery, plus 3 sets of AAA batteries.

Not really one for posting reviews, recommendations etc - but this little thing has impressed the hell out of me. i would happily have paid double the price for it, if i'm honest. size, connectors etc - fine. battery life? ****ing brilliant - "tick VG".

Last edited:

porker

Sounds like just the thing I am looking for :thumbsup:

Does it come with a micro usb adapter?

I doubt it would have a connection for my archos so does it come with a full size female usb to allow the use of any usb cable?

TrueAV4ME

Standard Member
Sounds like just the thing I am looking for :thumbsup:

Does it come with a micro usb adapter?

I doubt it would have a connection for my archos so does it come with a full size female usb to allow the use of any usb cable?

Hi,

Yes it comes with a micro usb adapter.

The kit also comes with a full size female usb adapter, so connection to usb cable should be ok too.

Here is the link to their site: PinesStore.com

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom