1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recessing my Plasma - advice ??

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Darbyweb, Mar 20, 2003.

1. Darbyweb

Darbyweb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    During my forthcoming extension we'll be having a new lounge, my intention is to build a studwork chimney breast - deep enough to fit all my AV equipment in the side, and to recessed the plasma into the front over the fire.

What should i do with regard to ventilation, its going to be a Panasonic 42PWD5, i was considering building the recess with vents all round, colour coded to wall finish - will this be sufficient ?

How much bigger than the screen should the recess be ??

Last question, with one of these brackets that hangs off the wall, i assume you fix the plasma to it while its hanging out, rather than lifting the screen up and over the bracket which would mean i would need a bigger recess.

Thanks

Dean.

2. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    have you seen the new panny on the home cinema website at top of the page here, they look recessed in to a glass shalve type thing .
    as for the mount you its half goes on the wall , and half on the plasma then it is up an over like you said
    you need about an inch clear at the top of the plasma to do this,