• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Recessed tv dolby Atmos?

toggyuel

Standard Member
Hi all
I’m looking to get a new tv like the Panasonic hz2000 ,one of many reason is a built in dolby Atmos Speaker system. My current tv is recessed into a purpose built tiled chimney breast with gas fire below . The recess is aprox 6inchs deep and the wall mounted tv sits flush . This all looks great but there is no way of adding additional speakers ,yes the tv is fed by x2 hdmi ,but that’s another ,how the hell do I feed it hdmi 2.1 story . There is also the worry of heat build up ,as I notice the Panasonic hz2000 has a heat sink .
so my question is .will I still get an effective Dolby atmos sound from the up firing speakers ?
and is heat going to be a problem . ? (The LG led tv has lasted 7years )

mikej

The HZ2000 isn't fully HDMI 2.1-featured - you would just need to check that your existing cables support the HDMI 2.1 'features' it does have if you wanted to make use of them, which are eARC and ALLM. eARC requires an HDMI cable with ethernet or the newer Ultra High Speed specs, I think.

If your TV is recessed and the screen is flush with the wall, then I would imagine the effectiveness of the HZ2000's rear-mounted, upward-firing Dolby Atmos speakers would be almost completely lost, in which case you'd lose out on one of the big benefits of the HZ2000 over the cheaper models in the HZ range.

In terms of heat dissipation, how much gap is there between the edge of the screen and the wall ? Any heat produced needs to escape somehow. Saying that, I've not really noticed much heat from either the screen or the back of my GZ950 - not sure if the HZ2000 is any different. I would be more concerned about the heat from the gas fire below - is there any kind of mantel or shelf to at least shield the TV panel from the heat ?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom