reception

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by G a f f e r, Feb 27, 2004.

1. G a f f e r

G a f f e r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +484
    Hi.

Lots of questions here (I'll try to be brief)

I've just bought a pioneer digibox from (the dreaded) Dixons.

Using the postcode checker online, I am meant to be able to recieve All the channels, but some are missing (notably channel 5) and others are below par and blocky at times (bbc1 and bbc2).
    Do I need a new aerial installed?

The rooftop aerial can recieve signals from RF21-RF68 so i assume it's "wideband". Is there another sort of aerial I need?
    I live in a flat, so we have a communal aerial that splits 10 ways, is amplified in the attic, and makes its way to each of the flats. On top of this, I amplify it in my room with and 11dB single amplifier (this improves the number of channels I can recieve by 10-15.).
    I was told that to be useful, you need a booster capable of 20-25 dB. Is this true? can I just get another 11dB amplifier and connect it in series to make a 22dB gain? Where can I get such a high signal booster from?

Finally, why can I exclusively not get Ch5 and 3 or four others alone - I thought digital meant all or nothing?

Thanx for any help:)

2. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90