recently purchased a new hifi

cornish

Novice Member
hi all, after many years without something nice to listen to my music on i decided it was time to purchase a seperate system. as cash is not in total abundance i had to keep in mind a budget.

couldn't afford everything in 1 go, so the tuner had to wait till last week. that's when my wife said to me 'that's everything now, is it?'! well for now, yes! but i would like to add a turntable in the future, even if it is distant future.

it's the first time i've owned seperates so im pleased with what i have and now started to enjoy my music again. even started buying cd's again! just yesterday bought maroon5 'hands all over' along with guns n roses 'greatest hits', both sound really nice on what is essentially a budget system.

anyway just thought i'd share with all of you that i have refound my pleasure of listening to music once again.

Don Dadda

Distinguished Member
Congrats on your purchase. Hope you have many years enjoyment with it?

Which is what btw - amp/speakers/cdp etc?

cornish

Novice Member
thanks, hopefully it will last me a good few years.

sorry forgot to say what i bought. it's cambridge audio azur 550amp, 550cd, 650tuner with a pair of mordaunt-short aviano 1xr interconnected with cambridge audio 500 cables and cambridge audio ultra 100 speaker cable.

all that stretched my budget just a little bit, also without regret may i add when compare it to my all-in-one that finally went to the recycling centre!

Don Dadda

Distinguished Member
Sound like a decent setup that should last you a fair while. All from RS i take it?

cornish

Novice Member
yeah all from richer sounds. found them really helpful as they were happy to demo all the kit for me in the sound room.

i know the reviews say the amp is a bit too trebley, but i find it fine for my listening tastes, other systems in the past always found myself turning the treble up now i have no need. just a little bit of extra bass on the dial and i feel sorted!

certainly don't feel left wanting for more, as the 60watts is ample enough for me, rarely go over about 30% volume yet at 50% it's lovely and often feel guilty about how loud it is, although my neighbours are fine but then having a good old-fashioned house with thick stone/granite walls helps.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom