1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recent Sky + problems HELP !

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by pezzer, Nov 8, 2004.

1. pezzer

pezzer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have an early pace box. No problems until recently when during playback of recorded programmes the message ' no satellite signal being received' regularly popped up. Called Sky and they advised me to switch off and restart etc which would then cure the problem...temporarily.When I checked the input signal window I'm sure that the signal code on input one was different when all was working ok ?

Then the other day when this happened I checked the input signals and there was nothing showing up for input 2. Again once unplugged etc all was ok.

Then today I found that I was only able to receive channels up to 295 - any channel above this was ' unavailable'.

This time when I ' re-booted' all 4 indicator lights came on and the message ' performaing software update do not disconnect.... could take up to 10 mins'
    appeared ( in white font on black background). This is how it has stayed - every 10 mins or so the lights go off and then back on and the message re-appears. Have switched off and called Sky who tried to manually download the update.

Now Sky say I need an engineer out - is this likely to be a hardware fault or is the old box not able to cope with all the new features and downloads etc. My view is that if the hardware is ok then why should I pay for a new one as the old box was sold for the pupose of sky + ???????

2. Barcoing Mad

Barcoing Mad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +154
    My V1 played up a few months back- no signal received, and it appeared that a LNB had dropped out. Cured by a full system reset from the service menu. All recordings were lost, however.