Recent S/W Update - Now have a new problem!

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by PoochJD, Oct 2, 2005.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Hi,

I had my Panasonic TU-DSB30 box updated a couple of weeks ago now, to the new 3.3b.5 software, with the light blue sky background, and I now have a new problem.

Under teh Sky Digibox Settings menu, instead of being able to alter the Red Dot Interactive Function to go off after 5, 10, or 15 seconds (or something similar), it's now simply a choice of "on" or "off". But, when I set it to "on" (in other words so that the Digibox removes the Red Dot after X seconds), it only seems to work sporadically. Sometimes it'll switch the Red Dot's off after 30 seconds, and other times, it completely bloody well ignores them! :mad:

I've tried resetting the box, and called Sky (who were complete morons, who told me that this was part of the new software version's functionality!), but nothing seems to sort the problem out.

Prior to my software upgrade, I had a choice of X number of seconds, and then my Digibox switched off the Red Dots - without fail! :clap:

I get the impression that this new Software Update's just a complete waste of time! Anyone else experienced any other problems, on regular Sky digiboxes, other than this, or the whole Parental Control fiasco?! :confused:

Lastly, does anyone know what you have to do to access the hidden menus that Sky Technicians can access please - you know the ones I mean? Thanks! :)

Pooch
    (Normally found in the AV Forums TV and Movies sections!)

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    I have never seen the red dot time out function with a variable time setting.
    The n&n banner has had this feature, sure you are not mixing the two up?

As for the red dot coming back well the broadcasters I suspect can over ride this feature if the nroadcast data stream tells the digibox to put the red dot back up (same sort of thing as it does after an ad break).
    Not had much experience of this, only watch live sport and the red dot never comes back during a game.

To access the hidden menu...

On the remote.

Services
    Select

3. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Hi Starburst,

Thanks for the help! I may be confusing the red-dot / banner time-out options, but I'm 99% certain I'm not. But... it matters now now. Anyway, the sooner Sky get this update fiasco sorted out, the better! They've certainly :censored: it up good and proper, this time! :mad:

Pooch

4. gavan

gavan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +286
    The standard Digibox (non +) has variable timeout on the Red Dot.

Unfortunately, the new Sky+ upgrade doesn't offer that facility. Though it certainly introduces a lot of other 'features' for people to worry about.

Gav