recent popular dvd releases required

huwg

Prominent Member
I'm having issues with a certain online dvd rental supplier and need assistance in generating a list of releases to test them with.

Basically, I'm supposed to select a minimum of 10 films (ideally 20 or more) which I can then assign a priority to (1-3, 1 being most urgent).

From the start I have had approximately 30 films in my list, and the films have kept comming in a steady stream. :smashin:

However.... I have noticed that only older releases (out for 12 months or more) have been sent to me. For the last 6 weeks, I have only had the follwing 5 films as priority 1, and have yet to be sent any of them :-
Ep3
Sin City
WotW
Batman Begins
Mr & Mrs SMith.

I've only been receiving old films I've ranked at 2 and 3 (Fargo, 28 days later, Equilibruim, life is beautiful etc). Two mails to complain have resulted in standard identical replies in both occasions. Here's how you can help...

I am going to severely strip down my list, so that it only contains popular, recent releases (ideally something that lots of people will want to get) interests are Sci-Fi, action, thriller etc with maybe the off Family/kid film thrown in.

I suppose I'm a victim of my own making in that I've included older films on my list, which gives them the easy option, even though I have deemed them to be less important.

Any suggestions?

Overlord69

Established Member
Is it ScreenSelect.co.uk that your speaking of? If it is, I've had the same problem. The "1-2-3" priority thingy doesn't seem to make any difference. :thumbsdow

partyweb

Distinguished Member
I've been with screen select ever since they took over in-movies and I've found the same problem. In fact I found over one period that they sent out films that were not even on my list that they felt I might enjoy. :rolleyes:

It has been suggested to me that they prioritise who gets the titles by how long they have been in someones top 10 list.

So the key to getting those top titles is to reserve those titles that aren't out yet and to keep your 1st choice list pretty static and to not remove and re-add certain titles.

Hope this helps. I personally have currently 180 titles in my full list and about 30 reservations. To me my joy with screenselect is the randomness of the titles that I get dictating what I'm going to watch.

huwg

Prominent Member
no, not screen select, but lets say they are a major supermarket not Asda, Sainsbury's or Morrisons. :D
It's blockbuster films I need to test them with.

The randomness is indeed fun, but it is starting to annoy me that the most recent releases have eluded me.
I know someone who is employed by 'the supermarket', they were given 1 months free rental as a gift. Within 2 weeks they had received WotW, so I know they have at least 1 copy of that !

W

west

I hope it's not a bad omen but I joined screenselect on Friday and I was hoping to receive my first three DVDs today. However after just checking their website only one of my three DVDs has been shipped (today) and the others haven't even been assigned. :thumbsdow This seems extremely poor and I hope they get their backsides in gear. Including titles not yet released I have over 100 on my DVD Que. I already hate their stupid rating system why on earth can't they use a simple top of the list is the most important followed by a number 2, 3, 4 etc with number 100 and whatever the least important?:confused:

so far so unimpressed...

W

west

If there's any decent dramas and thrillers from the last couple of years that people could recommend me would be much appreciated. Also any decent foreign action/thrillers that anyone has enjoyed.

Cheers in advance:thumbsup:

Overlord69

Established Member
Overlord69 said:
Is it ScreenSelect.co.uk that your speaking of? If it is, I've had the same problem. The "1-2-3" priority thingy doesn't seem to make any difference. :thumbsdow
Update to previous post:

Since posting "ScreenSelect.co.uk" seems to have improved, for me anyway. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Sony A84L/A80L BRAVIA XR OLED TV Review - COMPARED to LG C3, Samsung QD-OLED & LG G3
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Back
Top Bottom