1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recent BBFC Decisions!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by PoochJD, Aug 13, 2005.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

The following items will be released onto UK DVD (and/or VHS) very soon.

Quantum Leap: Season 2 (uncut versions of all episodes)

One Tree Hill: Season 1 (all uncut, with various certificates from PG to 12)

The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air: Season 2

Inside Deep Throat (2005 documentary about the infamous adult film, plus a ton fo uncut extras!)

Terry And June: Series 1 and 2 :suicide:

Babylon 5: The Legend Of The Rangers (Pilot Movie - aka "To Live And Die In Satarlight") PG (and in widescreen too!)

Mind, Body And Kick-Ass Moves (All 15, and uncut)

Back To The Future - new release versions of all 3 films, plus extras

The Wizard Of Oz (2005 restored version, plus extras)

Dallas: Season 2

Charmed: Season 3

Shogun (Richard Chamberlain in the 112-minute cinema version, 4:3 format only)

Titanic: Special Edition (Certificate 15, plus lots fo bonus material)

The following will be released into cinemas, soon

The Dukes Of Hazzard (12A, cut by distributor, to remove 12 seconds of drug-references and sexual material, BBFC offered an uncut 15)

Laputa: Castle In The Sky (PG, and retains the original title, despite it being a rude word in Spanish!)

Whisper Of The Heart (U, uncut love story from anime master Hayao Miyazaki)

The Aristocrats (18 uncut)

Vengeance Is Mine (18, uncut - latest epic of 141 minutes, from Shohei Imamura, the Japanese director of "The Eel" and "Black Rain")

Pooch

2. Lionheart

Lionheart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi again Pooch..thanx for the list...I hope this time Titanic is an anamorphic transfer...I dont know what they were thinking on the first transfer of leaving it as is...I for one dont want to look at a thin strip across the screen lol

3. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Dukes of hazard cut for a lower cert. :rotfl: :rotfl: I presume this is to get more kids in to the cinema to watch a movie based on a show that has not been on regular terestrial tv since before most of them wer born :rotfl:

4. Battle

Battle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +912
    Whats the dirty word ? :devil: give us a hint

5. CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +305
    Still no sign of Warner's re-submitting Batman Returns & Batman Forever for an uncut release then? :(

R1 time again, I think!

6. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

Battle - I've PM'd you. I don't want to post on the thread itself, as I'm likely to potentially cause offence to certain people, and I don't want to do that.

Crazy Horse - Alas, no resubmissions. Simply put, the BBFC wouldn't allow the controversial "aerosol in a microwave" scene in a film like "Batman Returns" because it may be seen by children. So, it's always likely to remain cut irrespective of what certificate it's been given. As for "Batman Forever", even with the extra few seconds being added back in, the film's still terrible to watch!

Lionheart - Titanic is highly likely to be anamorphic. I don't see any reason it shouldn't b, as 16:9 is now recognised in Europe as the future for widescreen broadcasting/DVD's. The only reason Fox didn't do this originally, was because DVD's in the UK were in their infancy, and Fox didn't want to risk ruining the release completely, on one of their most profitable releases ever, by trying to make it 16:9 compatible. If it had gone wrong, and the film appeared squeezed on 4:3 TV's, the DVD sales of this title would have plummeted, and Fox would have had loads and loads of complaints. They didn't want to risk screwing it up, hence it was released in a simple widescreen format. Also, the film was over 3 hours on a dual-sided, dual-layered disc, and again, Fox weren't certain if they could fit a 16:9 picture onto the disc, without compromising the sound or picture quality at that time.

Pooch

7. west

west

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cool! It's not the best movie but I want it from a completist point of view

8. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Pooch, Far be it from me to disagree with you, but there is more than a few seconds cut from Batman forever. A total of 1 min 38 seconds has been trimed for the uk, which considering a punch or head butt can be just half a second, adds up to a lot of stuff missing from the movie :eek:
    If you are considering buying the new batman set which is coming out later in the year, the region 1 will be the best bet. :)
    Dave.

I have posted this before from the melon farmers but here is the total amount of cuts for the uk release of Batman Forever. :)

A shot of a cutting torch being picked up just after the main logo is missing.
    Two Face's reply after the guard says “You said you'd let me live” is missing Nothing better than live bait to trap a bat!
    After the “punctual funeral” line, Two Face shouting Kill the Bat! has been removed from the soundtrack and replaced with music and guards grunting
    When the elevator dings just before Batman exits, Two Face’ shout of “Blast him!” is not present in the UK version.
    The fight outside the elevator has lost a lot of sound effects, as well as a sequence where Batman drops his leg sharply onto a thug’s chest, complete with a loud thud
    Batman delivering a backward headbutt and breaking a thug’s nose in extreme close-up has been removed
    Close-ups of kicks to midriffs and faces are also missing
    Two Face’ lines in the helicopter about the acid have been removed
    In the sequence where the helicopter pilot is killed, Two Face emptying an entire clip into the helicopter pilot has been trimmed, along with shots showing the bullets riddling the pilot’s body from the front. The cut UK version has only three shots fired, and the pilot is shown slumping from behind
    The death of Nygma’s boss does not show him stopping on the window ledge, and hanging in terror, before Nygma runs over and says Fred, babe! You are fired! Or should I say...terminated? With this, he pulls the hat off him and he falls down, but this is all cut from the UK print
    Two Face’ line in the circus big top is cut from the UK version – Our new act for your personal amazement; we call it - Massacre Under The Big Top!
    A shot of Nygma laughing at the above line is also missing
    When the Mayor asks what Two Face wants at the circus, his reply is shortened from Batman. Bruised, broken, bleeding. In a word, dead! to simply Batman
    The UK version is missing the sequence where Bruce Wayne kills one guard on the right side of the big drum by coming up behind him, breaking his neck, and smacking him in the face as he falls
    When Two Face flips his coin before killing the Graysons, after his evil laugh he goes on to say Their kind of day, which is missing in the UK version
    As the bomb is raised through the roof of the circus, a quick sequence of Bruce flipping a guard over and kicking him hard in the gut is missing
    When Two Face accidentally kills two of his men in the car, their screams have been cut short in the UK version, and a shot of the driver’s terrified face has been removed
    The fight at Nygma’s party loses some impact sounds
    Shortly after this, Batman makes a guard do the splits and another crack accompanies this, but the sound has virtually been eliminated from the soundtrack
    A small crack has been greatly reduced in volume as Batman twists a thug’s arm backwards
    Robin throwing Two Face a vicious headbutts after the line, “This is for me!” has been replaced in the UK version, by removing the punch Robin throws after he says This is for my brother! and reinserting in place of the headbutt
    The uncut region 1 DVD is available from US Amazon

9. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi Dave,

I stand corrected. i didn't realise so much had been cut. I'm intending to only buy "Batman", as though "Batman Returns" is okay, the sequels just don't have as much power and grim humour for my liking.

Cheers! :)

Pooch

10. robyoung

robyoung

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Correct me if i'm wrong but wasnt the original release of Titanic a 12? I wonder what they have put in to boost it to a 15?

Rob

11. CrispyXUK

CrispyXUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    probably the bonus material

12. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    If its an extened cut of the movie, the extra material that has been put back in might bump up the certificate.

13. Ger

Ger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    Has anyone seen the new Batman editions for preorder anywhere yet?

14. Petey

Petey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
  15. Lionheart

Lionheart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bet you all secretly watch Batman and Robin lol

16. CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +305
    Well I might fast forward to the scenes with Uma in that outfit :D but I think this may be the first time I watch the extra's on disc 2 and not the whole film itself!

17. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

More decisions for home viewing...

The Twilight Zone (Classic Series)
    - Season 1 Set (PG)

The Twilight Zone (1980's version)
    - Season 1 Set (15)

Harry's Game: Complete Series (15)
    - (4:3 version only)

The Cinema Collection - Volumes 1 To 4 (15)
    - Short-story series starring lots of famous Hollywood stars.

Exorcist: Dominion (The Prequel) (15)
    - The infamouos prequel that was dropped, for not being good enough!

Appleseed (12)
    - The newest version of the long-running manga comic by Masamune Shirow, all in glorious CGI animation! (Subtitled, and 16:9 Widescreen version!)

More decisions, for cinemas...

Vital (18)
    - New Shinya Tsukamoto film, uncut, but deals with the practice of death by asphyxiation, and how-to techniques! :eek:

Serenity (15)
    - Uncut version (120m), with "strong violence", of the Joss Whedon movie sequel to his short-lived TV series "Firefly"

Howl's Moving Castle (U)
    - The latest Hayao Miyazaki / Studio Ghibli animation!

Red Eye (12A)
    - Latest horror thriller from Wes Craven, gets a low rating, albeit uncut!

Latest Computer Game decisions

25 To Life (18)
    - Uncut version of a new Eidos Interactive game

Evil Dead: Regeneration (15)
    - Another "Evil Dead" spin-off

The Suffering: The Ties That Bind (18)
    - Sequel to the harrowing and ultra-violent horror thriller game

From Russia With Love (12)
    = Play the role of Britain's fave secret agent, James Bond 007!

Pooch