1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Receiving Sky UK outside the UK mainland

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by davor, Jul 15, 2005.

1. davor

davor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I now live in Bosnia and i would like to buy a digibox and sky viewving card for family package. Since I have some friends in the U.K, I was wondering if they could buy a year subscription there and i activate card from here since everything would be legal digibox serial number as well as viewing card number. There are some companies here who offer sky uk but they are ripping off big time...

Thanks heaps :)

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Yes you can do this. As long as it's an unsubsidised box which doesn't need a phone connection. Your friends would have to purchase the card in their name, and activate it from their address, whilst the card is sitting in your box at your home. Just choose friends that won't ever want Sky themselves, because you can't have more than one Sky sub at a postal address :)

3. davor

davor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So my friend has to apply for subscription in her own behalf and then she would get a free digibox along the sub?

4. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    No, if she gets a "free" digibox, it will have to be connected to a working phone line at her address for 12 months (i.e. it is subsidised by interactive advertising). You will need to buy a box which is not subsidised (i.e. a full-price new box, or a second-hand box).

P.S. It's not strictly "legal". Sky do not have the rights to sell their service outside of the UK, so they will switch the card off if they suspect anything. Of course, the subscriptions will have to be paid by your friend, and you re-imburse them somehow.

5. taotone

taotone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all, i live in spain and have been supplied a sky viewing card whith out having to have a UK address, the payments are made direct to sky straight out of my bank acount (or through a credit card) and all has been well and working for over one year.they also sent one to a friend of mine who lives in portugal so i would think they could send one any where. got it from canary islands satshop, www.canary-satshop.net if thats any help.

6. BeStu

BeStu
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone! :thumbsup:
    Try this link for superb info and service :smashin:
    www.satelliteforcaravans.co.uk

7. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    That's good news ! I plan to retire to the Canary Islands one day. (It'll probably never happen, but I can dream.)

8. taotone

taotone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    its a good life here, its easier to do than you think and you have the weather so even when you are fedup the sun still shines.