Receivers with 2 component outputs ?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by gedo, Mar 11, 2006.

1. gedo

gedo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    What receivers (sub £1,000) have 2 component outputs ? I want to have the option of outputing my Denon DVD-2800, Xbox 360 and HTPC to either my Plasma or Projector. I think I've read somewhere that the new Denon 3806 will have 2 x component outputs.

It would be a chance to upgrade my trusty Denon 2802 at the same time.

If it's going to be 'cost prohibitive' then I might consider a separate component switching device.

Any help is appreciated

2. azzo

azzo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
  3. gedo

gedo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    azzo, thanks for the reply. Looks interesting.....

I would have to use the 2 component inputs on my amp then take the amp output to go to the J.S buffer and then use the 2 outputs on the buffer to go to the proj and amp. My only concern would be the number of connections here and the 'potential' of PQ degredation. Would be interesting to get some feeback from anyone using the J.S Buffer. I guess for £50 it's not such a big gamble and I could always re-sell here if it's not suitable.

I have also noted that the Denon 2807 also has 2 x Component outputs and is a bit cheaper that it's larger brother, the 3806.

4. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,514
    Hello Gedo

What's the rest of the system?

Using the AV Receiver as the Switcher and the JS 'Buffer' to 'Distribute' the Output is a good shout in many systems.

I doubt you'd see much difference between adding the JS box to the Component Out on the majority of AV Receivers and swapping one AV Receiver for another one to simply gain a twin Component Output.

If you want to ensure your getting no signal degradation you'd have to budget for the likes of a Zektor HDCV4x2 Matrix Switcher - this includes buffered Outputs to drive long video cables; see http://www.zektor.com/Newsletters/2005-Q4/index.html

Best regards

Joe