receivers nad t775 t785

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by grims dale, Jan 10, 2008.

1. grims dale

grims dale

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    i have now made up my mind after weeks of phoning most branches of sevenoaks sound and vision and audio t, plus hours of looking at posts and threads of onkyo875 905 pioneer lx70 marantz sr8002, and reading about the fantastic sound and power of both the nad t775 and t785 im going for the t785.

Soon as morethan sort out my accidental damage of my hk avr 875 I'm straight on to the shop Musical Images in Beckenham and yahoo!!! and thanks to bentleg for selling me his pioneer receiver which im hopping to be delivered tomorow or sataday this will do temporary until i get my nad T785

my pc13u is waiting :devil:

2. grumps

grumps

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Hi Marc, what has made you pick the NAD recievers. I have considered them but have not heard too much about them. I was looking for something that would compete with Arcam for stero quality but with full HDMI support and these do seem to be contenders. Have you auditioned one yet?

3. Sniper

Sniper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Just to clarify - none of the new NAD av recievers support HD audio formats (DTS-HD, DD True HD) over HDMI - they have to be decoded by the player, and input thru' the analog multichannel rcas.

Still - number one NAD fan - if only more amps had the same power delivery!!

4. grumps

grumps

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Despite that having done a bit of digging, and research on the avsforums the NAD receivers do look like they could fit the bill for me - anyone out there have any views or even better first hand knowledge of Nad receivers?