Receiver Upgrade

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heya chaps / chapettes.

The screen on my Sony STR-DB895D is nearly completely faded (Speaker icons are sort of fine but the area that displays volume / sound setting etc is barely visible at night now) and through sheer luck I managed to find the receipt I had for my current one and believe it or not 8+ hours a day its been kicking for over 11 years.

So sooner or later the screen is just going to go so I was going to start having a look around for a new one, I don't need one with all the bells and whistles that sells for nearly a grand although it would be nice lol but an upgrade is going to probably be needed by the end of the year.

My current setup is in the receipt below, I was going to give the Sony one to my parents as they don't really need an LCD screen to be working but it would bug the living hell out of me as I have been using the same volume settings for doing different things and I don't want to keep faffing about going up and down with the volume button.

If I will need some new speakers it would be better to know that sooner rather than later as well.

Any help / advice would be appreciated.

PS
Still currently trying painfully to use the £1900 my aunt gave me for a new TV so will be getting a TV at some point this year as well as soon as I make my damn mind up lol.

Attachments

• 20170714_164947.jpg
    20170714_164947.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 42
Plenty of good receivers available now with new models coming into the shops. Good bargains on Denon X3300 and 4300 which would give you a better scope to future speaker upgrades if you still have the Missions on the receipt. Think you will get better sound quality from the speaker upgrade with the current crop of mid range receivers.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom