Receiver Upgrade - Advice needed

steve 111

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking to upgrage my current AV receiver (Yamaha HTR 5540) to something a lot more substantial. Want something that enables high quality video switching via component out for when I get a plasma in the next 6 months.

Needs to be at least 6.1, and have Neo 6, DPLIIx, and THX.

My budget is £800 and currently I'm thinking of the Yammy 1400 and the Denon 3805.

Anyone any other suggestions.

Dont think the 3805 has THX but otherwise it will suit you perfectly.

I dont think there is anything else on the market at the moment that has all your criteria and is in your budget.

Originally posted by steve 111
Looking to upgrage my current AV receiver (Yamaha HTR 5540) to something a lot more substantial. Want something that enables high quality video switching via component out for when I get a plasma in the next 6 months.

Needs to be at least 6.1, and have Neo 6, DPLIIx, and THX.

My budget is £800 and currently I'm thinking of the Yammy 1400 and the Denon 3805.

Anyone any other suggestions.

800 pounds will buy you the Yam 2400 in Germany www.hifi-regler.de or www.audiovision-shop.de[/url]

For around 665pounds, 2400 delivered or around 485pounds, the 1400 delivered, from hificomponents.de

Although a few has had very slow delivery and response, majority on this forum, and many friends in Sweden and on swedish forums that has had no problems with them.

Warranties are not a problem, Yamaha UK are very receptive towards gear bought within EU.

Wasabi

You can get the Yamaha in the UK for £720. i know it's more money but i least i can go to a shop and pick it up and if something goes wrong i will take it back to the shop for a repair.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom