Receiver to pair with Nad M25 (input sensetivity/pre out voltage question)

Santho

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have an onkyo tx-nr717 which im looking to replace soon, which leads me to my question.
The power amp im using is the nad m25 which has a input sensitivity of
1250 +\- 50mV.
Im fairly new to this and my knowledge on things like this is minimal, but i’ve read that you’d want your receiver pre out voltage to be equal to or higher than the sensitivity on your pre amp to get your amplifier to put out the maximum power….?
My budget for the new receiver would be around 2000$ or so, i’ve looked at both the Denon AVC-X4700H and the Nad T758 v3i but im not finding any specs on pre out voltage.

does any one know the rated pre out voltage on these receivers i’ve mentioned..? or maybe sugestions for other recievers? Is this even something i need to worry about.. 😅?

You'll be fine with that Denon it is about 1.4v preout with internal amps on, and goes past that easily past 1.6 and 1.8v with all channel pre amp mode

And as and nad avr

You'll be fine with that Denon it is about 1.4v preout with internal amps on, and goes past that easily past 1.6 and 1.8v with all channel pre amp mode

And as and nad avr

Thanks for such quick response.. 😁 Reading the review of the nad it looks like the denon is the better choice.. shame because i kinda wanted to go for a nad receiver, as my power amp also is nad…

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom