Wanted Receiver that supports HDCP 2.2

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by cheese_mcphee, Aug 27, 2018.

1. cheese_mcphee

cheese_mcphee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    After recently upgrading to 4k, I now need a receiver to replace my trusty Denon AVR-X2000 as it doesn't support HDCP 2.2.

Given the sizeable dent in my bank balance due to said upgrade, my budget is only around £200. I'm not in need of anything fancy like Atmos support or Airplay so would prioritise 5.1 sound quality over features. I'm using my old Q Acoustics 1010 speakers so a receiver that pairs with them well is a plus!

I'm based in Birmingham but travel down to north London fairly frequently if a collection is preferred. Can pay by PayPal Gift or bank transfer.

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

2. dobrykamil

dobrykamil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Hi

I've got Pioneer VSX-330 for sale.Comes with remote control only and it's in very good condition. Supports hdcp 2.2 along with 4k HDR signals.Looking £140 inc insured delivery, I'm based in N.Ireland.

3. cheese_mcphee

cheese_mcphee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22

Thanks for the offer. Just getting up to speed on what I'll need for Dolby Vision and HDR in the future and I read this receiver is HDCP 2.2 but doesn't have HDMI 2.0a which is needed to pass them. Is that correct?

4. dobrykamil

dobrykamil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    "HDMI 1.4 introduced the kind of bandwidth required to deliver 4K video, but HDMI 2.0 can dole out 4K video without compromise, at 50 and 60 frames per second. In HDMI 1.4, the rate of 4K was limited to 24 frames per second"
    It supports Ultra HD Pass-through (4K/60p/4:2:0/24-bit, 4K/24p/4:4:4/24-bit, 4K/24p/4:2:2/36-bit) so I believe it has hdmi 2.0 version on board.

5. cheese_mcphee

cheese_mcphee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
  6. dobrykamil

dobrykamil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I can confirm, that this unit works just fine with HDR content.Unfortunately my tv doensn’t support Dolby Vision.

7. cheese_mcphee

cheese_mcphee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    From reading into it a bit more it seems Pioneer only updated the firmware on 2016 models onwards to include Dolby Vision, and from what I can tell this was released end of 2015.

I think I'll pass on this for now as it'd be annoying to have it shipped over only to find out it doesn't have it. Thank you for the offer though!

8. dobrykamil

dobrykamil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Completely understand you mate.Cheers.