Receiver that can handle 9 speakers outputs?

L

lildesidrummer

I have a dilemma. I recently moved into a new house that has speakers wired throughout the home. there are five speakers in my basement in the walls and ceilings set up for surround sound.
and then 4 more speakers in the main level above this. I have noticed with all the receivers I've looked at that with A/B functionality that the A group is for surround sound supporting 5 speakers and a sub and then the B group just handles 2 front speakers and nothing else. The problem I have is with my 4 speakers on the main level. Is there any reasonably priced receiver out there that handles more outputs for the B group of speakers. I need 4 not 2 ...or is there another way to handle this? Does anyone have any advice for me?? thanks in advance

lildesidrummer

Flimber

Distinguished Member
Welcome to the forums.

Have you considered daisychaining the other speakers to get a better impedance match for the amp output ?

Mike.

L

lildesidrummer

Hey Mike,

thanks for the reply and the welcome. I'm a novice to this stuff...so you will have to explain daisychaining in more detail for me.

thanks,

Ettepet

Novice Member
You looked at the big Yamaha's yet?

I don't know if they'll do 4 speakers in another room, but the Yamaha AZ1, AZ9 and probably several other models all have 9 speakers.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom