Receiver / Speaker Advice

lance_biscuit

Standard Member
Hi,

looking for a cheap as possible 5.1 setup with the option to add atmos in future.

will need 4k hdr support and want it to be future proofed as much as possible on the hdmi support / hdcp etc. have consoles etc to put through it. ideally would like some smart functionality like google and alexa if possible but can dispense with that if needed.

will be looking to use this with a new tv i have my eye on, the 58gx800 panasonic.

really not sure how much i need to spend to get something rather than just getting something thats a routine setup without receiver.

any advice greatly appreciated.

chris

lance_biscuit

Standard Member
ok thanks, would you say this is a decent setup for that price. is there anything above it you would recommend on the speaker side of things. ideally looking to spend 700 at the very most and looking for something discreet if possible but its not a deal breaker.

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
If your looking for more of a lifestyle product you could look at the Marantz NR1509 along with the Q Acoustics Q7000i 5.1 speaker package. Both work well together and certainly have a degree of lifestyle about them

Last edited:

mushii

Nice suggestion and I agree it would be a better solution, but he may struggle with that as his entire budget is £700, which is nearly the cost of the speakers alone. Unless you want to to him a special AVF bundle price 😉

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
Sorry, I think I'm having a blond moment on this post :facepalm:. Yeah, I've no idea why I've added those speakers (other than they are a good match and maybe got a little excited :p) as I've already altered the post as I suggested an amp thinking that was the budget for an amp. Think I need some fresh air :rolleyes:

Really as an alternative to the Q Acoustics, the original MASS from Monitor Audio would be pairing too with Marantz. Sorry @lance_biscuit, MASS and Q7000 did fight against each other, but the "i" version just took them another step up the ladder including pricing too. Many people do enjoy old MASS as they do produce a great sound for the pennies

lance_biscuit

Standard Member
ok no worries and thanks for the advice. my budget has went up a little and am looking at an offer from peter tyson for 649 on the 7000i slims, they include 2 extra satelites that i could use for atmos.

only concern is the mounting capabilty of these? anyone know how much adjustment is possible?

im now looking for a reciever that can work with google and alexa too.

Dasiz

just to throw my 2 cents in...
I have the original Mass speakers, paired with a Marantz 6012, whilst of course 'you could do better' if spending a fair bit more, i have been very very happy with the pairing..

mushii

Marantz and Denon receivers will both work with Alexa / Google

Top Bottom