Receiver Recommendation

Kirkk

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm currently piecing together a 5.1 system for the man cave. I am looking for advice on a good receiver that will make the most of the setup which will be connected to a LG E9

The speakers are Q Acoustics 3010 bookshelf with a 3090C centre channel. I'm yet to decide on a sub. The receiver will need 4k/60 pass through for the series X. I'm not fussed about 120fps at this point but I guess with VRR HDMI 2.1 will be necessary?

Any input would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Budget?

I'd like to keep it at 400 because I am trying to keep costs at a minimum. If I have to stretch I'd go 500 absolute max. Happy with secondhand also.

I was thinking of plugging the Xbox straight to the TV to be honest and just using the receiver as the sound output. The only thing really would be connected then is the blu ray player and Nvidia shield.

As you're happy to go second hand, keep an eye on the classified forums, you should be able to pick up a Denon 2600/2500 for under £400 if you're patient, or even an older 3400/3300. I purchased a 3500 for £350 back in Jan, but second hand prices have gone up a bit since.

For your budget a new Denon X1600 is your best bet. You can connect to the TV via eARC for full HD audio. Otherwise as mentioned above look out for bargains in the classifieds but second hand prices are relatively high at the moment.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom